Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slurpee

Washing more than once/twice as day.

i small scars on my lower chin and sides. They seem to get worse or better recently, but my question is should i wash my face once a day or more? I heard its bad to do it once or more a day. I usually wash my face in the morning and sometimes dont put any kind of lotion / or my treatment for scars on my face, because my skin is dry, and scars look like a very dull tan, rather then red. Is this bad? Should i just go for it and continue to put on my cream?

So i usually wash my face 3-4 times a day, sometimes less if my face looks red.

first off, get a soft cleansing cleanser like cetaphil and you can cleanse and wash it as much as you like. second in the morning if you ever go out, APPLY SUNSCREEN, i can't emphasize enough on this for sunscreen is what ultimately protects your skin from aging and deaths of collagen due to UV rays. secondly, moisturize, dry skin is not good skin, well i'm not sure but i think wet skin looks better then dry skin overall. secondly get a alpha lipodic cream (not sure i spelt it right), preferably with liposides or squaline. good luck, and also drink a lot of fluids and get plenty of anti oxidants in you.

first off, get a soft cleansing cleanser like cetaphil and you can cleanse and wash it as much as you like. second in the morning if you ever go out, APPLY SUNSCREEN, i can't emphasize enough on this for sunscreen is what ultimately protects your skin from aging and deaths of collagen due to UV rays. secondly, moisturize, dry skin is not good skin, well i'm not sure but i think wet skin looks better then dry skin overall. secondly get a alpha lipodic cream (not sure i spelt it right), preferably with liposides or squaline. good luck, and also drink a lot of fluids and get plenty of anti oxidants in you.

yea im currently on CEPHALIXIN 500 MG twice a day, it works pretty well, its just my old marks seem to take a while to fad. And yes, i drink alot, probobly 100oz + of water a day, its required because i weight lift often. I also eat very healthy. I use a meijer brand or neutrogena wash, then apply the ACNCEFREE scar and red lotions 1&2, and sometimes if i breakout i use the benz cream from my derma. Ill have the occasional zit or breakout, but its rare... my redmarks are nearly smooth too, not really below or an ice pick scar. So im hoping it goes away soon.

I tried loads of different options to combat mild to moderate acne. I have came to one conclusion after everything I have done. Dont wash but morning and night. If u get greasy during the day use clean and clear oil absorbing sheets. If your oil is really excessive then accutane is probably the solution. There really is nothing topical that can be done if your acne is coming from tons of oil. The best u will do from using lots of stuff and washing too much is to dry and irritate the skin.

Retinoid cremes are good for some but if they dont work on your acne they dont work. If accutane is not an option then smoothbeam treatments may work for u. Benz peroxide is terrible for the skin as well and really does only agg the situation.

I speak from experience as I am now perfectly clear after using everything at least once and am now just focusing on the scars left over.

Actually, I don't wash at all, and shower but once every two days. Hot water on my facial skin inevitably inflames me, and breaks me out. I apply gobs of tazorac every night, and use a prescription hyaluronic moisturizer in the morning, first thing, before I've even pulled back my blankets.

No acne, and my skin looks (for once in my adult life) calm.

yea, my skin has pretty much zero acne as i have it under control. My skin is smooth when i run my hands over it with my eyes closed, something new. Yet, the red marks seem to stick, especially on my right side. Any breakout on my rightside seems to scarup. My right side is considereably less dry.