Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
njrunner

Starting my Regimen

I have to admit I'm kinda skeptical of this program, I have pretty bad acne from my eyes to my chin, although my forehead is fine. I started having acne problems in about 8th grade, and now I'm a freshman in college and I've decided I Really want to clear this up as much as possible. Right now every morning and night I use the Clean and Clear Acne Wash (Salactic Acid wash), followed by Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Medication (10% Benzoil Peroxide wash). I also have perscription Differin gel which I apply pretty heavy to my face every night before bed. I still have a bad acne problem, which is why I'm starting this program. I'm going out this afternoon to purchase the tools, and I'll keep updates on how I do. Dan I hope your success stories are all true because I'm really excited to start this program, and would love to add my comments to the page.

Peter

P.S. - Should I continue using the Differin gel with this program or just hold off on it? Will it affect the results I get?

The success stories are true. It should work great for you. Please take pictures and let us follow along.

Before you start, make sure to print out the regimen, watch the videos a few times, and follow everything very closely.

This means using only the recommended products, but I can't tell you to stop using a prescription, only your doc can do that.

-Dan

Yesterday I went out to Walmart and purchased all the stuff I think I need. I got:

- Purpose Cleansing Bar

- Neutrogena Moisture SPF 15

- Neutrogena On the Spot 2.5% BP

I washed last night and followed the directions. This morning I had 3 new whiteheads, but the existing pimples I had were improving. Still early to see results I guess. The only negative thing is the shinyness of my face due to the moisturizer. I can live through it. I also noticed a bit more redness in my face as a result of the BP, I was expecting that. I'm not using the Differin gel, but I'll keep it around if this doesn't work. I'll post tomorrow.

Peter

Let me introduce your a moisturizer that can control shines. The Neutrogena® combination skin moisture. It can be used by those who have oil and normail to dry skin. This moisturizer has the microsponge® system that can help control shines..I'm using this moisturizer during the morning as it can control my skin to become a mirror to my friend... :D

Have a try..too early to judge the result in just short time. ROME is not built in one day..PATIENT is the key word...give the regimen 1 month of evaluation to determine it's effect~..you will discover it. :wink:

god bless you,

cheers,

garkee2002 :oops:

Believe me, it's definitely worth trying this regimen. Just be patient and don't start too quickly, because then you'll have to start all over again :D I've been doing this regimen for almost two months now, with a little break near the beginning, and it's helped so much. Right now, I'm pretty much clear, just a few red marks fading and maybe 2 pimples, both of them drying up. I would say I'm about 95% clear, and in a couple of weeks, if things continue the way they have been, I'll be 100%. Even if I always have a pimple or two, it's worth it because compared to the way I used to break out, its nothing at all. Keep the faith, and just wait it out. It takes a little time, but Dan knows what he's talking about!

ivygirl

I followed garkees advise and went out and bought the Combination Skin moisturizer. It works well, and keeps the shine down, but doesn't have SPF protection. Hopefully this won't harm much. I think I went a little overboard on the BP application, my skin is a little red and feels dry. I applied a lot of moisturizer and think I may either go for applying the moisturizer at night as well, or just apply moisturizer for the day, leaving out the BP. My face is much clearer though, with only two new whiteheads and no cysts. Hopefully the results stay just as excellent.

Peter

But just to make sure i think ill go on the regimen after my dance next week so everyone knows for sure what happens. Hey maybe it does work but dont you think dermatologists who study this stuff for years would have come up with something like this before you?

Dan this "guy" sounds alot like u are you sure your not him just trying to support your program so people use the acne meds that sponsor you?

ouch. No, that's not me. And nobody sponsors me either. I make no money off this site, just enough to keep it going.

hahaha :D i can assure you i'm not dan.. i'm an 18 year old college student from New Jersey who currently goes to the University of Virginia. I saw Dan's site and figured I'd give his stuff a try. Dan doesn't have anything to profit from faking this stuff, its not like people order products from him, so I figured the basis of his statements have to be at least sort of true. Notice that he says "I like to use products x and x, but similar ones may work if they have the same ingredients." I've been on his regimen a little less than a week and I have to say you can see results of the medicine. Just give his method a try, I'm becoming pretty confident that its for real.

Peter

Guest fatman_uk

LOL, its not often u get accused of that Dan, hehe.

But i can vouch for this regimen workin perfectly, i had mild/moderate acne.

I dont think 1 week is enuff to clear tho, but u shud see some good results non-the-less. :D

-Gaz

Guest fatman_uk

Whoops! :?

Ignore that last bit about 1 week, i got mixed up with the '1 week till dance' topic, LOL. :D

-Gaz

Well its been almost 2 weeks, and the regimen has been going great, except for the past 4 days. For some reason, I broke out with almost 20 pimples in the past 3-4 days, 3 of them being deep cysts. I didn't change anything in my habits, followed the regimen as I always have, and didn't switch cleanser bars or new bottles of the same products. Why did this happen??! I'm hoping they will go away, or at least deminish, by this weekend when I get back together with all my friends from home. I can't offer any explination. Other than that, my face has been consistently dry, although the moisturizer helps get through the day. At night, before I wash again for bed, the moisturizer has worn off and my skin is a little flaky, but by that time I'm mostly in my room doing homework so no one notices. I've averaged zero to one whitehead daily, most of the time its just a mass of puss on the skin, there is no swelling underneath. Thats all for now.

Peter

Peter,

You are not at all the first to experience this. I can't explain it either, but it is definitely not a reason to change anything. Stick with it and you should get clear again.

My one suggestion is that you are now ready to really start ramping up the dosage of bp. That is what cleared me up--not just following the steps, but using GENEROUS amounts of bp.

-Dan

Right now every morning and night I use the Clean and Clear Acne Wash (Salactic Acid wash), followed by Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Medication (10% Benzoil Peroxide wash)

Peter, I have re-read your post-up for the first time. You are currently still using the Cleand&clear acne wash and followed by Clean&clear continuous control acne medication daily? Okie..if the answer is YES , then you should use ONLY a topical acne medication wash . You CANNOT use 2 topical acne medication at the same time or simultenously. As it will lead to irritation. When there is irritation , then ZITs.

My advise is, you still stay on your 2.5% of BP, but use a GENTLE cleanser such as Clean&clear cream cleanser or Clean&clear sensitive skin wash ( I recommended Clean&clear for you as you are currently using that brand ).

Then after the wash, apply a thin but generous layer of BP on your skin.

Hopefully can help,

cheers,god bless you,

garkee2002 :wink:

Garkee -

I've stopped using the Clean and Clear since I began the regimen. I've only used the Purpose Cleanser Bar and Neutrogena 2.5% BP since my first post. Sorry I didn't clear that up (no pun intended).

Peter

Sorry for taking so long to reply your questions.

Things that you should avoid in Multi-vitamin is IODINE. You can read articles that I quote from various website in the REGIMEN to help you solve the problem.

hopefully can help,

garkee2002