Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
johnnyh

wondering whats next

hello i am 22yrs old still going through acne. i have a lot of small red zits everywhere, there not whiteheads though and quite a few spots of red marks and open pores.

i just came off of minocin and a topical called duac. my doctor has given me a few weeks off of any kind of medication, wants to see how naturally my skin does. really hasnt helped much. i plan on going back in a couple of weeks.

question is though what should i try? i've tried many medications in the past and over the counter stuff but i'm getting frustrated with this now. i actually feel as if i'm going to cuss my doc out.

i dont want to damage my skin in any way, but just to stop the pimples. i will then try and clear up my red marks... was wondering if there is a med that stops acne and clears up red marks.

sorry but i'm ranting. i just need some help.

Finacea gets rid of red marks and helps acne. you should probably use it in combonation with something else like an antibiotic and topical retinoid

Finacea gets rid of red marks and helps acne. you should probably use it in combonation with something else like an antibiotic and topical retinoid

i'll have to look that up cause i've never heard of that.

would accutane be a bad choice. my acne is not very severe and i dont have really bad scars or red marks. but can accutane create more scars/redmarks once it clears up the acne?

well, i am on finacea now (for rosacea). my rosacea isn't bad but my face is sorta pinkish in color and i have small pimples everywhere. finacea is used for rosacea and acne rosacea. i have barely seen any improvement on it after using it for almost 2 months. sooo, at my next derm appointment in a couple of weeks, i am going back on accutane. i was on accutane 6 years ago and was completely clear after it until the beginning of this year when i had my son.

nothing has ever helped my skin except for accutane and i cannot wait to get back on it. for me, the side effects were annoying, but a small price to pay for clear skin for that long. if you have tried many medications with no improvement, maybe you should ask your doctor about it. my acne has never been severe or cystic but it has always been VERY persistant. accutane is the only thing i feel good about recommending because it is the only thing that has ever done anything for getting rid of my acne.

hope this helps,

heidi