Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cameron__1

sunburn and doxycyclin

does anyone else get sunburned extremely easy while on doxycyclin? i couldnt use it in the summer because it would burn me so bad even with a high spf sunscreen on

Yes, This is a side effect to Doxycycline. Your skin gets very sensitive to the sun. That means its working and the side effect usually depreciates after longer use of it, as it seemed to me. Wear non-oil spf in the sun. You dont want Cancer ontop of acne :|.

I was warned by my doc about the photosensitivity side effects of doxy but i've never experienced them even though i'm v. fair skinned and susceptible to sunburn. I wear foundation with SPF everyday so maybe that's why i haven't burnt yet

Some people expierence this to a great degree, and some do not. You appear to be one who is suseptible to this. I was on mino and doxy at one point or another and never expierenced this effect at all. It's a VERY common side effect though and many get it (this is why your little orange bottle has a sticker on the side eluding to this), you just can't predict which ones will...

Make sure you use some sort of moisterizer/lotion with sunblock.

Guest Guest

After using doxy for maybe 2-3 days, i went white water rafting, the SPF wore off and boy it felt weird. My skin never looked visibly burnt, but felt that way, everything that was exposed especially thin skin on my lips and tops of my hands was tingly almost as if it were numb or asleep. I definitely avoided activity if i didn't have a hat or lots of SPF 50.

Yes, This is a side effect to Doxycycline. Your skin gets very sensitive to the sun. That means its working and the side effect usually depreciates after longer use of it, as it seemed to me. Wear non-oil spf in the sun. You dont want Cancer ontop of acne :|.

My mom lays out in the sun all the time and frys herself..she's been doing this for like 20 years....she hasn't got skin cancer yet...so i doubt little sun exposer would do anything if my mom sun baths in the summer for 2-3 hours 3-4 times a week.