Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fawwal

Question?..

Hey, I’m worried that my derm won’t prescribe me accutane. How did you guys with less severe acne get it?

I want something that works, has some sense of permanency. accutane will give me that, and I don’t want to waist time with other treatments

Have you tried other doctor prescribed treatments? If you haven't you probably will have to try those first and if those don't work you will probably be prescribed accutane. I was on Retin A, ABs, and various other topicals for about 6-7 months, maybe a little more. they helped a lot but I was still breaking out So one appointment my derm told me about accutane (I already knew about it, actually I was planning on asking her for it but she brought it up first.) she gave me another topical and made me come back in 6 weeks. when I came back she asked if I thought about accutane and if I wanted to take it. My acne was pretty mild at this point. It was about the same as it is in the pics in my gallery.

Another question.. The appointment with my derm is like 3 months away :( should i see my family doctor and get a head start, or can’t they prescribe topical creams and such

Another question.. The appointment with my derm is like 3 months away :( should i see my family doctor and get a head start, or can’t they prescribe topical creams and such

yes, they can. Also you can keep calling the derm and asking if there have been any cancellations to see if you can get an appointment sooner.