Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have had acne since around the time I was 16 years old I think, and at first I thought I could cover it with make-up but after a few years, I'm 19 now, I've realized that it just makes it look worse. I've had people tell me they would rather see red disgusting pimples than pimples that had been so obviously covered with make-up which just made me feel horrible. I have what most people would call moderate acne, I have good and bad days like everyone else. After reviewing some of the story's on this site I feel stupid comparing my sob story of moderate acne to someone with full blown acne. I actually suffer from severe depression and acne on top of all the other things I'm insecure about make me a big mess. So I guess feeling bad about the fact that I'm making such a big deal about what I have when it's nothing compared to others just makes things worse. It's gotten to the point where all I think about when I'm around other people is my acne and it consumes me. While I was going through the before and after pictures I actually started crying, Some of the people on this site are so brave and so optimistic and it just amazes me that a place like this exists. When all you really have to rely on is testimonials on commercials for acne medications that don't seem to work for anyone and in some cases just make things worse by people who could be paid actors even the most positive people could feel like their situation is little hopeless.

So here I am. This site has provided me with all the tools and support I'll need to get to the point where I feel confident about the way I look and I can't be more excited. No more feeling sorry for myself, I realize that's not going to get me anywhere and I'm not going to let anything stop me!

And for anyone else like me who has been browsing these forums and is afraid to try this in fear of another failure, What do you have to lose? Once you've hit rock bottom the only place you can go is up.

What have you used to treat your acne? or have you just tried to cover it up. If I were you I would definitely see a dermatologist. my skin has improved so much since I started getting treated by a derm. whatever you decide to use it is important to be patient and continue using it even if it doesn't seem to be working at first. it took me months to se results.

"So here I am. This site has provided me with all the tools and support I'll need to get to the point where I feel confident about the way I look and I can't be more excited. No more feeling sorry for myself, I realize that's not going to get me anywhere and I'm not going to let anything stop me!

And for anyone else like me who has been browsing these forums and is afraid to try this in fear of another failure, What do you have to lose? Once you've hit rock bottom the only place you can go is up."

That's great. I was just thinking about this sort of thing today while I was writing. Thank you for the encouragement. :) You have perfect timing, lol.