Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ampogo

Oily skin is cause of my acne

Is there ANYTHING i can use to dry my face up, I took Accutane for a few months, that did the trick, but I had to stop taking it because of financial issues. Is there any hope for oily skin? I heard B-5 helps?

Screw all that nonsense.

Fill the sink up with very warm water and soak your face totally in it for 60 seconds or more. (take breathes obviously). Do this twice a day, morning and night. After four days, come back and tell me the difference. I think you'll be surprised! (Oh and half way through the day, wash your face off just as normal too. Skin oils up real fast, a whole day is a long day!)

I already do that.....I know my body, with Accutane, my face was dry, no more acne, when I quit the medication, my face is oily again, I get acne. Any other advice?

Guest Sincerely_Me

Do you use moisturizer or BP? Moisturizer makes my skin oily now that I'm on meds and BP has always dried it.

Definitely try B5! I had very a very oily face and B5 definitely fixed that problem. The first week was a bit weird though, since I was so used to being oily. My skin was very dry. Now, it's not a problem anymore - and I'm clear of acne!