Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moojamba

Untested but possible answer

Ok, I wrote an absolutely HUGE post about a simple new regime I'm trying to combat my acne, but it may well work great for anybody who has scarring too.

Fill a sink up with very warm water (not scalding!) and stick your face in it morning and night, for 60 seconds each (if you get acne) but maybe just once a day, if you get no acne. In terms of acne, its clearing mine right up very fast - but in terms of scarring, it increases the blood flow around your face alot and seems to be healing my old acne marks very quickly. It may do the same for your old scars. (I had some HUGE acne spots that made me look like I was punched in the face for a while. These left bruzes on my face. That was some months ago, but there seems hardly a trace of them now after my latest general acne treatment.)

Give it a go for a week, you can't go wrong. Then report back. At the very least, its given me a great rozy complexion everywhere - try it if you have some deep serious scarring and see if it does anything for you!

Does this work only for scars? I have mostly red marks and some active acne that I would like to clear up, If yes, then I will give this a try.

This is terrible advice. Using hot or cold water on your face will cause it to dry at the surface and the body will create more oil in response to the drying. Bad advice for real.

This is terrible advice. Using hot or cold water on your face will cause it to dry at the surface and the body will create more oil in response to the drying. Bad advice for real.

disagree. but cold water makes my skin more rigid.

Its not a matter of disagreeing or not. USing really hot or cold water on the skin is a bad idea and does cause the problems outlined above. Its the same as scrubbing the face or washing more than twice a day. They are all bad ideas that any derm will tell u only causes more problems. I did most of them at one time as did most of the people on here. They all seem like good ideas but really are not.

If u want to do it by all means put your face in hot water for a minute or any of the other things. U will most likely end up irritating the skin or causes dryness which will only aggravate the current acne condition.

Just go for jogging or sweat alot i get lovely glow due to excellent blood circulation after that,specially the next morning i wake up.It wont help scar at all im pretty sure sweating or warm water.

Um wtf, I take baths all the time, I soke my face, many people take baths, wtf is this.

:lol::lol::lol:

Its not a matter of disagreeing or not. USing really hot or cold water on the skin is a bad idea and does cause the problems outlined above. Its the same as scrubbing the face or washing more than twice a day. They are all bad ideas that any derm will tell u only causes more problems. I did most of them at one time as did most of the people on here. They all seem like good ideas but really are not.

If u want to do it by all means put your face in hot water for a minute or any of the other things. U will most likely end up irritating the skin or causes dryness which will only aggravate the current acne condition.

i take steaming hot showers and baths after a run and then cool it off with ice cold water... im on accutane and topicals. i don't use moisturizer. i don't have dry skin.... what are you talking about

i take steaming hot showers and baths after a run and then cool it off with ice cold water... im on accutane and topicals. i don't use moisturizer. i don't have dry skin.... what are you talking about

Well you keep doing that. I am sitting here typing this with completely clear skin. I lived all of that and what I said in the above post is correct. Do what u want its your face.

Ok, I wrote an absolutely HUGE post about a simple new regime I'm trying to combat my acne, but it may well work great for anybody who has scarring too.

Fill a sink up with very warm water (not scalding!) and stick your face in it morning and night, for 60 seconds each (if you get acne) but maybe just once a day, if you get no acne. In terms of acne, its clearing mine right up very fast - but in terms of scarring, it increases the blood flow around your face alot and seems to be healing my old acne marks very quickly. It may do the same for your old scars. (I had some HUGE acne spots that made me look like I was punched in the face for a while. These left bruzes on my face. That was some months ago, but there seems hardly a trace of them now after my latest general acne treatment.)

Give it a go for a week, you can't go wrong. Then report back. At the very least, its given me a great rozy complexion everywhere - try it if you have some deep serious scarring and see if it does anything for you!

thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard, heres a few good sites for you www.scars_for_dummies.com and www.acne_for_dummies.com, or just buy the books if there is such thing.

seriously that is so stupid it made me laugh, IF U HAVE ACNE DONT TRY THIS!!this will make ur skin produce more oil=more breakouts, this guy is a moron

o and alot of people cant go underneath water for a full minute (like me)

thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard, heres a few good sites for you www.scars_for_dummies.com and www.acne_for_dummies.com, or just buy the books if there is such thing.

seriously that is so stupid it made me laugh, IF U HAVE ACNE DONT TRY THIS!!this will make ur skin produce more oil=more breakouts, this guy is a moron

o and alot of people cant go underneath water for a full minute (like me)

u cant hold your breath for a minute???