Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moojamba

A Simple fast FREE regime!!

LOL I can't believe this topic is still here. I tried this like 6 months ago, its a total joke. DON'T do it it makes your face look terrible. Can't say no one tried to pre-warn you.

It actually helped my skin to get better. I'd rather do this than slather chemicals all over my skin. Doing this I ended up with better skin and saved money!

I haven't been following exactly the regimen, sometimes I don't do the midday wash or night dip just because I'm tired and go to sleep.

So far, though, I've only used a gentle cleanser to remove makeup, and a dip maybe once or twice a day. Considering that a few days ago that my face looked terrible, like a sunburn and splotchy because of my mixing BP and salicylic acid, my skin has improved greatly since beginning this.

It doesn't seem to clear out the blackheads very much, though I notice that they seem to rise a bit to the surface. It did seem to even out my skin tone and repair the damage from the acne topicals. I still have very mild little whiteheads but no major big pimples like I had a week ago.

Actually I just have some old fading marks from past breakouts, blackheads, and lots of little bumps that you can't really see unless you're up close and see it from a certain light or angle. I wish I could just get rid of them.

I had been using the dip method for quite some time (3-4 months) and it seemed to help somewhat but then I stopped becuase I just got lazy. Well now my cyctic acne has returned and I was wondering if the dip method would be good or bad for it. There is a cyst on my chin still below the surface and it hurts. Do you think the dip method will help it go away or bring it to the surface?

It worked completely for me initially, but now it doesn't do a thing. Back to the drawing board I guess...

I stopped picking my face since starting this, but then I started again because I was annoyed at all the plugged blackhead pores, and then my face reverted back to spotty and red again. I still think this dip method does some good though, so I'm gonna try to stop picking my face and just keep doing the dip. How do I get rid of blackheads though?

I stopped using BP and started doing this regime two weeks ago. My skin has never looked so good. I had mild to moderate acne, and it's all gone. Thanks from Norway ;-)

LOL I can't believe this topic is still here. I tried this like 6 months ago, its a total joke. DON'T do it it makes your face look terrible. Can't say no one tried to pre-warn you.

Funny, a lot of people have said that this works for them. How is it a joke?

probably because, uh, IT DOESNT WORK FOR EVERYONE.

for some people, it is a joke, and for some, it works.

it worked for me for about two weeks. then i broke out worse than i ever before, so i assumedit might have been purging, but a long while later, it was still happening. went back to the regimen and was fine again in a month.

Ive been doing the dip for about 2 weeks now, and it was working well for the two weeks, I was pretty clear, and then over the past weekend, I couldnt do it since I was away from home, and the acne flared upa bit again, it wasnt totally bad, but Im just wondering.. you cant miss anything at all, or it will flare up? Thats completely annoying! Though, I still think I'll stay with it, cause I hate all this chemical stuff that I was using before.

I want a natural cure!

I've been thinking of trying this, my face is really oily if no BP is applied. (Are you suppose to wash the BP 2.5% off with the prescription gel or keep it on?)

My current routine is:

Wake up, wash fash with warm water. Dry, user a cleanser. Apply BP.

After School: Wash face with warm water, use cleanser, apply Cleocin (Climicidin, sp)

Night: Take a shower, no cleaner and keep drenching my face into the arm water. When I go to bed I apply Retin-A.

Do you think I should do this routine and use my prescriptions but cut out on the cleansers?

my skin is still oily after the dip so im thinking about adding in a cleanser. should i cleanse before or after the dip?

my skin is still oily after the dip so im thinking about adding in a cleanser. should i cleanse before or after the dip?

no dont use any cleanser. just stick with the water or add epsom salt. i think the reason why this works is not because it cleans your pores very well, its because you aren't touching your face at all when you are doing it. with cleansers you have to rub your skin, which can cause breakouts. with this you are just exposing your skin to hot water which is soothing.

This is working for me!

I had really inflamed acne, and I was sick of using chemicals, since they didn't really do anything.

I gave this method a try, and I am on day 4, and it has worked wonders!

I have to say though, that this method should be used in combo with other methods!!

This is mah Regime:

Mornin'

-Clean Face with Oxygenating Fizzing Cleanser

-Dip for 1 minute or towel soaked in hot water for 5

-Pop any Papules that have come to a head (The hot water does this FAST)

-Dip face again for 1 minute

-Shower, wash face with a gentle cleanser (In shower)

-Aloe Vera!!

-use toothpaste as a spot treatment (Doesn't irritate my skin for whatever reason)

Night:

-Clean Face with Oxygenating Fizzing Cleanser

-Dip for 1 minute or towel soaked in hot water for 5

-Pop any Papules that have come to a head

-Dip face again for 1 minute

-ACV (Diluted to 50% Water, 50% ACV from Trader Joe's)

-Aloe Vera! (Love that stuff!)

-use toothpaste as a spot treatment

All I pretty much have left are scabs, cuz it's really hard for me to not pick them!! I'm getting better though.

I also have altered my diet:

I take 4 Children's multivitamins

2-3 Fish Oil Pills with Omega 3

Women's Multivitamins ( I am a guy, but the work well. The have load of B5 in them!)

I have cut out red meats, I eat less starchy foods, no candy ( I have a major sweet tooth, this is HARD) cutting down on sugar, cutting down on dairy (I LOVE milk, so hard!) and not eating junk food!

Yeah, I started this back in November. Might have been doing it for about 6 months. I had great results the whole way through, but nothing seemed to finish the job.

Then I completely stopped caring about it. All I do is rinse off my face in the shower during the day and I don't get any acne. I don't think about it at all, no more washing my face before I go to bed. No more worrying about washing my face.

First of all, no one shoudl come in here and except this to be a cure for acne, it is a good added step to your regimne. You can't come in here try it and then expect everything to be ok. You need to at least eat a decent diet, add 3-4 grams of fish oil a day and exercise for starters. Exfoliation is key also. This process only helps clean pores and helps blood to circulate better for a better tone. It is one step that you can add to improve your skin for the better. I find it kind of funny when someone comes in here and says oh this makes my face break out. Seriously? It is hot water thats it. It opens your pores and circulates blood to your face better and cleans it. YOu have to look at other factors, hormones, diet, exercise, all that comes into play here.

One method that you can add onto soaking your face in hot water is to get some Organic Tea Tree Oil and some Natural Jason Ester-C Lotion and once you have soaked your face, pull your face out of the water and combine a small amount of the lotion and about 5 or 6 drops of the oil, rub it together in your wet hands, soak your face one last good time, and then work that concoction into your skin. It HELPS keep your face moist tremendously, gives your skin the softest feeling ive ever had, makes it look wonderful, stops breakouts, and finally IT SMELLS GOOD! haha... Dont forget to gently pat your face dry after that though... Try it tonight and let me know what you thinK! :surprised:

Yeah... this is the thing. Apparently holding your head in water will not only *really* clean our your pores (splashing around does nothing to encrusted pores) but it also hydrates your skin too. Think I read that somewhere last night.

Furthermore, I have also had irritated skin from various topical lotions in the past, but with this water-only soak regime, NO irriration at all, and my skin looks clean and radient - with hardly any spots coming up at all! And the few tiny things which did pop up vanished pretty much after the next soak.

It's so simple, you at least have to try it! (4 days minimum trial - morning and night)

And if you find your skin becomes really dry from it, then simply lower your soak times. But after now 8 days of doing this, my skin isn't dry. Just looks good!

-Thanks guys for reporting about your experiences. I want to encourage other people to at least try it. I mean, makes sense to me. A deep clean soak with just natural water.

I have been on a water only regimen for just over 1 month, and it has really helped my skin.

The main improvements are less oiliness WITHOUT the dry tight feel that I use to get with medicated washes. Less flaking too and no irritation patches.

The difference is that I don't use a sink anymore as other people brush their teeth and shave in the same sink, so instead of having to scrub it out everytime I need to wash my face, I bought a cheap plastic bowl, which I only use for face washing.

I agree that water alone does not clear out pores that well, thats why I use warm water only with Skinvac Pore Gripper (CHEAT!) ;). I don't get the really deep big pimples now, its mainly just clogged pores which I get rid of regularly which really helps the acne situation.

But I still moisturise with a light non-clogging cream, immediately after each wash.

The great thing about water is that it keeps skin hydrated and its quick and easy. :clap:

Ive been on this for like 4 months and every week when i take my progress pictures my skin looks better so it is obviously doing something.

But anyway, what would epsom salt do to help this? I am wondering because i wanna try something else knew?

Distilled water is actually much cleaner water than any other. It goes through a much longer cleaning process. Im sure most of you know.

I don't think im going to try this tonight, but wouldn't boiling some distilled water, pouring that into your bathroom sink, letting it cool for a few moments until its lukewarm, and then taking the face bath be much better for the skin? Sure it takes longer. But the cleaner the water could have a much better effect?

Im going to give it a try, but im not very knowledgable with anything regarding acne or skin irritants.

any thoughts? I think it sounds reasonably decent. The regular face soaks are working alright so far.

Soaking my face has been extrememly helpful to my skin's health. I have well water that is free of chlorine, and has a little more mineral content.

My God. I haven't visited this thread in months, been too busy with University work. For anyone who doesn't know, I was the original starter of this thread back in September! It sure has stuck it out!

So perhaps many of you are wondering how I'm doing? Well, my regime has changed only slightly since I originally posted to all of you. But it has been incredibly successful (for my skin type - your too if you ARE similar)

It's been on my mind lately to share with you all my progress, because it's a miracle how well my skin is doing, and what will make me ultimately happy is if it can work for you too. Acne sucks and I don't want you to have it either! Nobody should.

So I'm going to post my new modfied regime up in a new thread and call it: "Moojamba's Ultimate, Simple, Cheap Regime" Update: Click here for the ultimate, new regime.

Since perfecting the regime over the past months, I must have had about 5 spots that I can even remember, coming up. It's that compared to a few new spots everyday, in addition to those nasty ones which are deep under the skin, hurt, and take ages to come up. Well with my new regime, if you get any of those spots, they disappear before even surfacing! I'm in my element!!

Actually the main reason I'm finally hear to re-post, is that I'm on summer holiday now and I missed my regime for about 3 nights in a row. The spots came back. I hit it with full force with my regime, and low and behold they are clearing up very fast, it's amazing to watch! So that's how I KNOW it works!

So.... check out my new regime... You may find it's not -that- much different, but there's a VITAL ingrediant you ALL need to take. It'll fix you right up. :) Good luck!!

:dance:

ps. My appologies for all those people who private messaged me and I didn't reply. I recieved so many I just didn't have time to reply to them all.