Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moojamba

A Simple fast FREE regime!!

I always use to get some toilet paper and soak it in warm water and apply it with pressure on annoying hard-to-extract black heads and it always worked, this regime seems like something that should have been thought of long ago.

Still, I'm wondering whether or not to start this tomorrow.

Here's some facts on my situation -

I have light to mild acne, mostly on my forehead

The acne on my forehead is not red, my forehead just seems ot have light bumps that come and go, though i do get the occasional pimple (have about 3 right now)

I don't have pimples on my face, just a few light acne bumps.

I have about 3 pimples on the bottom of my chin.

I have blackheads in the chin area (you know, underneath your bottom lip) that you can only see if I push that area out with my tongue.

On a scale of 1-10 of how bad my acne is, I'd give it a 4. The only regime I have right now is washing my face 3 times a day with Irish spring(soap brand). washing 3 times have got my oil glands working, so two times of this face soak(with a mid day rinse) should be good for me.

How likely is it, since I don't have that bad of acne right now, for me to get it later through the regime? I've read some peoples replies that their acne starts acting up for them.

--For newcomers, this new regime is simple, and working fast with people who are trying it! (read through the 100 replies and over 3000 views, and you'll see why.) It requires nothing more than a sink+hot water+acne.

THE IDEAL REGIME:

* Soak your face for 60-100 seconds in a sink full of hot water. Morning, and Night.

* Do this BEFORE taking a shower, if you are about to shower

* Wash your face just with hot water (not a soak) when you get home from school, work etc. To clean if off.

* Try to avoid all soaps, moisturisers and other topicals (this is an all natural solution - with less irritation)

* Try this at least 4 days WITHOUT missing a soak or midday wash.

* May work best for VERY oily skin

YOUR MODIFIED REGIME:

* Many of you will be on CSR, BP, ACCUTANE, MOISTURISER etc. Religiously.

* If you're in a regime already and want to try something fresh, dump all your current stuff and try the ideal one described above. If you only want to try this but include your current regime, then you may find your skin dries out *too* much, so I would advise on cutting down the soak lengths, but experiement with it first to get your skin in balance.

WHY DOES IT WORK SO WELL?

* Soaking your pores really gives them time to clean out, gets the blood flowing and gets the gunk out fast

* Seems to heal them faster too, cuts down on oil

* Makes non-acne areas of your skin very vibrant

(My original Post:)

Now, we all have different skin types, and different types of Acne. There are so many regimes, some work better for people, some don't work at all. But here is mine!

So, like everyone else here - I've had moderately bad acne since an early teenager, and tried everything under the sun to fix it. From diet, acutane, soaps etc. But finally I think I've found the perfect solution - for me. I'd like you guys to try it also if you think it'll help you too, and let me know you're progress. I've been so amazingly pleased with my own progress that I really want it to work wonders for you too.

(get on with it then!! geez)

Morning time:

fill your bathroom sink up with very warm water, same as shower temperature. (but not scalding hot!!) Stick your face COMPLETELY into the water and keep it there for just over a minute (count to 60 seconds, taking breaths every 10)

Night time:

do exactly the same.

-that's it. I swear, after everything I've tried, this has made the fastest clean up of my face ever! And almost zero spots have come up since doing this for one week. And the only ones dried up, shrunk and the marks are fading rapidly!!

Additions to my regime:

If you're happy to take this very simple effective regime up one extra notch, then I would also suggest that half way through your day, say maybe 5/6pm, wash your face with warm water, but you don't need to soak it. Finally -- If you are about to take a shower, do this regime in addition! And do it before your shower! I'm serious, do a 60 second intensive soak, then hit the shower. It will really maximise the washing/steam potential of the shower afterward.

The theory:

Holding your face deep in the warm water (which feels nice anyway) forces your clogged oily pores to be seriously cleaned, and fast. The warm water gets blood flowing in your face which helps heal old scars also, and drys the rest of your pores out so the oil is gone!

Skin Types

Speaking only for myself - I have always had very oily skin, the worst being my nose. I've heard so many people say that such and such a regime will dry your face up too bad, etc. But I often find that with the level of oil my skin produces, drying it up to such an extent just balances it out, because it greases itself back up within a matter of hours anyway. So why not take it to excess. -If you find your skin is oily, this sink submerge routine should really do the trick! And saves messing around with all those silly drugs and chemicals.

How fast does it work?

This summer, I had to do some filming for a TV project. I'd had a horrible amount of acne which was around the lower part of my face, like chin and mouth. Seriously, it hadn't gone away for maybe 2 months. Every day, new ones would come up. Old ones wouldn't heal. The disgusting white stuff would constantly build up and every day there would be new ones to tackle. It almost drove me nuts, apart from the fact that I was so used to such a condition. --Anyway, I decided I need to do something radical for this filming. Let me tell you - two days into my new face-soaking regime, no new spots were coming up, the rest were dying down FAST and in parts of my face with no spots - my complexion was getting great! People even commented on it!

So to recap... people, if you haven't tried this yet, and even if you think it sounds far fetched, please please try it because its working so well for me. I couldn't be happier. If anything, its getting addictive. Simply soak your face in a sink full of very warm water for about 60 seconds (longer if you can - about 100 seconds) then repeat this at night. And give your face a quick few spashes of warm water half way through your day, just to wash off all the germs and crap from the air that will have acculmulated already. Do this for one week, or even about four days... then come back here and tell me your results. And forget using all that other crap your using. We weren't created to have chemicals stuck all over our face.

The downside is... perhaps you'll find your face gets a little too dry. If so, soak for less time time morning and night. But experiement with my 60second times first. The other thing is -- keep your eyes shut tight when you dip into the water! The warm temperature will really dry your eyes out. (doesn't last too long, but is avoided if you keep them shut.)

Please let me know how you get on with this. I just feel I've been too lucky with my own success of this, not to see other people also have the same.

F**k acne.

thanks so much for this post. you were very clear and covered a lot of interesting information. this is weird cause my brother told me that he got rid of his acne by only washing with water and absolutely nothing else. he said his acne cleared up in two months and nobody believed him, (i thought he was crazy) lol but now someone else is saying it works, and actually before i even read your post i had soaked my face in warm water for about an hour in the tub and my pimples are very light pink unlike before.. they were red. i'm gonna soak my face a lot from now on but i'm still gonna stick with the cream i'm using (benzamycin... it's seems to have been working) but if the medicine stops working i'll use the water regimen for plan B. thanks a lot.

I've been doing this 44 days now and my skin is still looking good! I only have a couple really small spots that will probably be gone in a day or two. I haven't used BP for about 37 days. The epsom salt really helps too. Anyone trying this don't give up after a week. Give it atleast a month or two!

starting today.

my face is virgin from all acne medication, so hopefully I won't get the 2nd or 3rd week outbreak I hear some BP users have gotten.

119 DAYS WATER ONLY for me. no soap, no bp. WATER ONLY for 119 days.

HOT DIPPING for 35 days. (I skipped some days though, when my face felt tight or dry!!!!! yes, dry!!!!)

This hot dip does work for me too. Although, it isn't as though you have acne one day and POOF you're clear the next and never get a break out. So far for me it's as good as using BP except no redness and no major irritation (if you don't overdip) and my hair and shirts and pillowcases are not being bleached. Oh, and I'm saving a TON of money.

FOR THOSE OF YOU using BP, it bleaches your hair and your clothes. WOuld you put bleach on your face? I hope not. I was such an idiot for using BP so long . I hope the rest of you will wise up and get off the stuff. YOu don't want to be like Dan and me and be in your thirties and still dealing with this crap.

Now I get an cccasional breakout (not everyday, ,maybe every few days). However a definite improvement from using BP, no redness or extremely irritated flakiness and the oil slick is gone forever.

If you dare to go topical and soap free..........BE PATIENT , wean yourself off BP slowly and give it 6 months.

119 DAYS WATER ONLY for me. no soap, no bp. WATER ONLY for 119 days.

HOT DIPPING for 35 days. (I skipped some days though, when my face felt tight or dry!!!!! yes, dry!!!!)

This hot dip does work for me too. Although, it isn't as though you have acne one day and POOF you're clear the next and never get a break out. So far for me it's as good as using BP except no redness and no major irritation (if you don't overdip) and my hair and shirts and pillowcases are not being bleached. Oh, and I'm saving a TON of money.

FOR THOSE OF YOU using BP, it bleaches your hair and your clothes. WOuld you put bleach on your face? I hope not. I was such an idiot for using BP so long . I hope the rest of you will wise up and get off the stuff. YOu don't want to be like Dan and me and be in your thirties and still dealing with this crap.

Now I get an cccasional breakout (not everyday, ,maybe every few days). However a definite improvement from using BP, no redness or extremely irritated flakiness and the oil slick is gone forever.

If you dare to go topical and soap free..........BE PATIENT , wean yourself off BP slowly and give it 6 months.

Nice one :)

Going excellent for me... Only on day 17. Got a ways to go, but I really dont see too big of breakouts in the future. I used to be able to see a pimple before it came... not seeing any of those under the skin. I'm almost 18 too, so maybe my hormones are also naturally slowing down.

I know the reason I had some acne was because of my hormones, and the doctors knew it too. Last halloween I had surgery to remove a tumor from my sinuses which was caused from hormones and high testosterone levels. Also a reason I was averaging 20 woodys a day(too much info, haha). I received a second tumor in my head, separated from the brain by a bone, and it's supposed to naturally stop growing and not affect me when my hormones settle, and 18 is the age I'll really be able to tell what happens. 1 week until i'm 18. I know it won't be an overnight thing, but I just have a feeling that ones my hormones settle, my acne will subside as long as I dont do too much to my face.

Thanks much so far moojamba, keep updating us with your progress!

Going excellent for me... Only on day 17. Got a ways to go, but I really dont see too big of breakouts in the future. I used to be able to see a pimple before it came... not seeing any of those under the skin. I'm almost 18 too, so maybe my hormones are also naturally slowing down.

I know the reason I had some acne was because of my hormones, and the doctors knew it too. Last halloween I had surgery to remove a tumor from my sinuses which was caused from hormones and high testosterone levels. Also a reason I was averaging 20 woodys a day(too much info, haha). I received a second tumor in my head, separated from the brain by a bone, and it's supposed to naturally stop growing and not affect me when my hormones settle, and 18 is the age I'll really be able to tell what happens. 1 week until i'm 18. I know it won't be an overnight thing, but I just have a feeling that ones my hormones settle, my acne will subside as long as I dont do too much to my face.

Thanks much so far moojamba, keep updating us with your progress!

Glad to see you're doing good abner! How's the aspirin masks working out for you? You're still doing them right?

Yup, still doing the asperin masks. They seem to be working well. In fact, I had some zits from a long time ago that I had become accustomed to and just thought they were my skin because they had been there so long, but they recently came to a head. Whether it's the asperin masks or just the hot water, I dont know. I've decided to switch to a cleanser when I shave instead of shaving cream because I was getting these tiny "heads" on my skin after shaving.

I love how my face looks after the mask. I'm debating from switching my aspirin mask at night to the mornings.

How's it going for you?

Yup, still doing the asperin masks. They seem to be working well. In fact, I had some zits from a long time ago that I had become accustomed to and just thought they were my skin because they had been there so long, but they recently came to a head. Whether it's the asperin masks or just the hot water, I dont know. Instead of using a face wash both morning and night, i've decided to only use one when I shave, hopefully to lesson any irritation I might be doing to my skin.

I love how my face looks after the mask. I'm debating from switching my aspirin mask at night to the mornings.

Me too! The aspirin masks are amazing. I've swtiched from doing mine at night to the mornings (if I have time) That way my skin looks really good throughout the day.

Also, I've learned not to wash more than 3 times a day... it was just way too irritating. How many times do you wash, aubrey? I'm trying to get it down to 2 times a day, but i love how my face feels after the dip.

I used them for 2 days, then stopped, except for when I shave. I could just feel my skin getting a little dry, and with dryness comes zits, so I stopped. Good thing I stopped though, because I didnt even get a breakout. :). I used them because of the other thread dissing this thread. It just scared me a little.

Yes, it was mild. It turned to moderate from retinoids, but then it went back to mild after quitting them. How was your acne? Mild?

Yes mine's always been pretty mild. Then last year I had a horrible breakout and went on tetracycline. Once I stopped that my acne came back but nothing like it was before. Now since doing the hot water my skins cleared up so much and red spots that I've had for like 2 years are just starting to fade. But yes mines very mild and I hope it stays this way! :D

Yes mine's always been pretty mild. Then last year I had a horrible breakout and went on tetracycline. Once I stopped that my acne came back but nothing like it was before. Now since doing the hot water my skins cleared up so much and red spots that I've had for like 2 years are just starting to fade. But yes mines very mild and I hope it stays this way! :D

how hot should the water be, cuz i think i dip my face into sclading hot water, cuz face seem to be drying up and really dry, and i have to put mositr on it, i dunno how hot should the water be.

how hot should the water be, cuz i think i dip my face into sclading hot water, cuz face seem to be drying up and really dry, and i have to put mositr on it, i dunno how hot should the water be.

I try to make the water as hot as possible...not to the point where it's scalding though. If it hurts to keep your face in the water than that's definitely too hot. How long have you been doing it for? Because I've been doing it for about 2 weeks now and at first my skin was really dry too but I think it has adjusted because it's no longer dry anymore. Everyone uses a different temperature for water..so just use whatever is comfortable for you.

I try to make the water as hot as possible...not to the point where it's scalding though. If it hurts to keep your face in the water than that's definitely too hot. How long have you been doing it for? Because I've been doing it for about 2 weeks now and at first my skin was really dry too but I think it has adjusted because it's no longer dry anymore. Everyone uses a different temperature for water..so just use whatever is comfortable for you.

my skin is really dry, even with cetaphil mositure. now i there are like dry dark skin and i dunno should stop the dip regiment for a few days or just lower the water temperature. and for the dry skin, should i put more mositure or exfoilate in the shower like i been doing for a couple of days. please respond back

I know i posted a while back stating this broke me out after 3 weeks.... :( . HOWEVER!! I stayed with it for another 3 weeks and now i'm gettin absolutly NO breakouts!!! :dance:. Here's my regime:

Morning: (1)Dip 6 times 17 secs each in hot water(hottest I can bare, I do the 4 second finger check first)

(2) wash with Juliet's Clean and Smooth

Noon: Wash with warm/hot water while at work.

6 O'clock at night: Dip again and wash with Juliet's.

Before bed: Dip again and wash with Juliet's, then shower.

I have oily skin and even though this isnt cutting the oil production, its preventing new breakouts!!

my skin is really dry, even with cetaphil mositure. now i there are like dry dark skin and i dunno should stop the dip regiment for a few days or just lower the water temperature. and for the dry skin, should i put more mositure or exfoilate in the shower like i been doing for a couple of days. please respond back

You should really try and see which one works better for you. If adding more moisturizer makes you break out then try the exfoliation. Or try doing both together. Maybe your moisturizer isn't working good enough and you should look into a better one. When you exfoliate just make sure you're not aggravating your acne because I had been doing that for years and when I stopped exfoliating it really helped to clear up my skin. As for the temperature of the water I would just keep it the same and let your skin adjust to it. Mine was dry at first but it's gotten used to it and isn't really that dry anymore. Also are you using any soaps to wash your face? Sometimes the soap is the main cause. It dries our your skin, causing flakes, which makes you either moisturize more or exfoliate more which in turn aggravate your skin even more. That was my problem...for years! So try and find out what's really going wrong in your regimen by a process of elimination!

I got my first real zit today when on this regimen. The good news, the left side of my face, which has always been slightly worse, looks great. My right side is the one with the zit. Not a biggy, and it's a little coincidental that it came in a place near where I nicked myself shaving. Still going good.

I know i posted a while back stating this broke me out after 3 weeks.... :( . HOWEVER!! I stayed with it for another 3 weeks and now i'm gettin absolutly NO breakouts!!! :dance:. Here's my regime:

Morning: (1)Dip 6 times 17 secs each in hot water(hottest I can bare, I do the 4 second finger check first)

(2) wash with Juliet's Clean and Smooth

Noon: Wash with warm/hot water while at work.

6 O'clock at night: Dip again and wash with Juliet's.

Before bed: Dip again and wash with Juliet's, then shower.

I have oily skin and even though this isnt cutting the oil production, its preventing new breakouts!!

Awesome!!!! I'm glad it's working for you. Same thing happen to me but I was determined and I stuck it out. I'm so glad I did cause now my skin looks great! I've been doing this 46 days now and as of right now I only have 2 little spots.