Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moojamba

A Simple fast FREE regime!!

Brandon I just wanted to say thank you also for sharing that info! Your lucky to have a derm for a mom! So are you using the dip method too?

The first 3 days I've had an initial breakout...anyone else have this?

anyone...just wondering what you guys who have been doing it have experienced. thanks to anyone.

anyone...just wondering what you guys who have been doing it have experienced. thanks to anyone.

I dont know if I would call it an initial breakout, or me being dumb. I was being harsh with my face, scrubbing it with both epsom salt and baking soda on the same night which made me breakout some... I ended up with 1 medium sized pimple, and like 5-10 tiny whiteheads on my jawline... normally where I don't get anything. Lately I've been being much more gentle and stopped scrubbing my face and have just been using water, although tonight I did an aspirin mask for testing and fun.

I just want to say that I know there is a lot of debating going on, but one thing I can say for sure is that this regime worked better than the CSR ever did on me.

I followed the CSR religously and EXACT to the instructions, and it worked suddly for about 2-3 days, and then I broke out in massive little bumps on my forehead (i have never had acne there before in my life).

This regime proved to me one thing - my acne may not be getting *better* every day or at amazing speed, but it sure as hell feels healthier and looks healthier then when I was using chemicals on my face.

Brandon I just wanted to say thank you also for sharing that info! Your lucky to have a derm for a mom! So are you using the dip method too?

no but i don't have very much acne except for the occassional whitehead

no but i don't have very much acne except for the occassional whitehead

What do you use for acne?

I've tried the dripping method for a few days but I modified it a little. I havent really seen much improvements, but after dipping my skin always look smoother. I didnt break out much except for 1 whitehead or zit with some pus?

AM

Dip for 1 min

While damp, apply moisturiser

Then apply tea tree oil

PM

Come home remove my makeup with my normal cleasner

At night

Dip for 1 min

While damp, apply jojoba oil

Then apply tea tree oil

Doesn't hot water cause broken capillaries though? And it isn't really working for me. My acne actually got worse. I'm stickin' with cold :confused:

"Most experts contend that women need only clean their faces at night. In the morning, a splash of lukewarm water is all you need. However, if you apply moisturizer at night, you will need to cleanse in the morning, too. Never wash your face with hot or cold water (both hot and cold water causes broken capillaries) .Never go to bed with makeup on, you run the risk of clogging your pores."

http://www.catalogs.com/info/personal-care...e-products.html

"Broken Capillaries:

You need to avoid extremes in temperature, spicy foods, alcohol, as these can all exacerbate the condition. We have found that IPL skin rejuvenation treatments helps reduce the appearance of broken capillaries."

http://www.theadvancedskincareclinic.com/c...7ebf9db3#broken

"Dilated capillaries, a common skin disorder is also known as broken veins or broken blood vessels. The medical term for the condition is Telangiectasia Rosacea. This condition affects mostly on the face (around the mouth and nose are prime sites) and on the legs. They are small-threadlike veins close to surface of the skin, which when clustered together looks like a red bruise. However, unlike normal bruises, the bruises presented by dilated capillaries don’t fade.

Intense scrubbing of the face or washing with too hot water can lead to dilated capillaries, as the delicate capillaries in the face are easily damaged. Other factors that can cause dilated capillaries are: over-exposure to the sun, skin injury, the natural process of aging, excessive drinking of alcohol and heredity."

http://www.carefair.com/Skincare/Face/Unde...laries_200.html

"2. Luke Warm Water!

For the face follow this rule of thumb: Everything in moderation, no extremes. So when cleansing, wash with luke warm water instead of very cold or very hot water. The extreme temperatures make the blood vessels in the face expand and contract too rapidly, and often are the cause of broken capillaries. Also keep this in mind when drinking alcohol and spicy foods."

http://www.pamperedpeople.com/tips_beauty.htm

I dunno how reliable any of this is, but that's what I found just doing a quick google search.

...I've got enough problems without broken capillaries ><

I've always washed with hot water and never had a problem. Certain people may have problems though. My boyfriend showers and takes baths in hot water also. Neither of us have broken capillaries. I actually use all temps of water when I wash so maybe that's why I don't have the capillarie problem. I do agree with Minty though, I have also heard hot water can be bad for your skin. It's all trial and error I guess.

I think this is good for people with oily skin. For me (I have really dry skin) this has caused purpilish/blood colored spots to creep up. Probably is broken cappillaries.

I think this is good for people with oily skin. For me (I have really dry skin) this has caused purpilish/blood colored spots to creep up. Probably is broken cappillaries.

no not really water wont kill n e thing that causes acne

well maybe it is worse for people with dry skin is what I meant.

My skin is combination can be dry or oily. I've been using this dip method for 40 days now. I'm not 100% clear but my skin is better than it was when I was using BP. I have really sensitive skin though and it seems like my skin gets more sensitive the older I get. Something that works great for a 14 year old with acne would probably kill my skin. When trying to find things to use in our skin routines we have to keep in mind not only our skin type but our age as well. Our bodies change as we get older and I think that's why things I used as a teen don't work for me now. I want to use healthy natural things on my skin. People don't realize how bad some of the ingrediants in topicals are! I know it has damaged my skin! The skin on the rest of my body is nice and smooth and if I get a scar they go away much faster than scars on my face! My face doesn't look really really bad but I can tell using all that stuff has had a negative effect! It's not from the sun either cause I don't spend much time in the sun cause I am fair. I just hope I can reverse atleast some of the damage done! Anyone else 25 and up notice the difference in your skin from getting older?

well, i am going to use this regimen, but i am going to incorporate in the CSR. My breakouts were getting more and more, and even though the condition of my skin was nice, i was getting way too many pimples. im simply not going to use a cleanser and just do this, because this still feels really great, and i think it helps with my skin tone. but i have definitely stopped doing just this alone.

My skin is combination can be dry or oily. I've been using this dip method for 40 days now. I'm not 100% clear but my skin is better than it was when I was using BP. I have really sensitive skin though and it seems like my skin gets more sensitive the older I get. Something that works great for a 14 year old with acne would probably kill my skin. When trying to find things to use in our skin routines we have to keep in mind not only our skin type but our age as well. Our bodies change as we get older and I think that's why things I used as a teen don't work for me now. I want to use healthy natural things on my skin. People don't realize how bad some of the ingrediants in topicals are! I know it has damaged my skin! The skin on the rest of my body is nice and smooth and if I get a scar they go away much faster than scars on my face! My face doesn't look really really bad but I can tell using all that stuff has had a negative effect! It's not from the sun either cause I don't spend much time in the sun cause I am fair. I just hope I can reverse atleast some of the damage done! Anyone else 25 and up notice the difference in your skin from getting older?

omg melodie, i know exactly how you feel! i'm 28 and my skin was already "affected" before i started the CSR, due to other reasons + my multiple-month bout with Proactiv. the CSR cleared up my pimples but sure as hell did NOT help my skin, and at this point, i'm proud to say i'm through with BP for good. :P

i, too, find myself gravitating toward "natural" products lately... the fewer ingredients, the better. my skin is so hypersensitive it'll break out if you look at it wrong. and my acne area (just the chin & around the mouth) is different from the rest of my face and body. oilier, more red, rougher/unevenly textured, and more prone to pain, itchiness, dryness, and all forms of zits. i hear you, it's the most frustrating thing to be battling acne with harsh products, plus realizing that it's not good for your aging skin. i don't look "really really bad" either, but i definitely have hyperpigmentation in that one area due to persistent pimples over years & subsequent scarring, as well as the harsh products. at the moment, i happen to be clearing up, and i'm trying to isolate the reason why. a few weeks ago i got to a point where my skin was probably the worst i've seen it EVER (due in large part, i believe, to a day when i slathered on some SPF 55 sunblock). i got fed up and decided to ditch ALL products except the most basic, basic ones, start from scratch, and gradually add things in if i wanted -- but one thing at a time. i've been off makeup for about a month, and about a week and a half ago i ditched everything: ACV, aspirin masks, all sunblocks & moisturizers, including jojoba (which had appeared to break me out the 2 or 3x i'd used it). i also dropped all sugar, and large amounts of dairy. all i use on my face at ALL right now is purpose cleanser, twice a day. so far so good.

anyway, if i were 16 again and had it to do over, i would've handled this acne thing so differently...

Hello all. That is interesting. However I live my life every day with the fear that what I'll eat will give me cancer, the air I breathe destroys my lungs, the water I drink is contaminated. I really don't care about some broken capillaries. They are truly the least of my problems. I need to pick some epsom salts up and try them. According to Melodie and many of our other posters they have shown significant beneficial results. I'd like to see if they work for me. If I get them how do I use them first? Rub them gently on the skin to exfoliate and then throw into the sink and dip in them?

well maybe it is worse for people with dry skin is what I meant.

Hello. My skin is not oily at all. I do have Sebum build-up in my nose pores but my skin is rather dry. My mother always comments for me to put some moisturizer on. And this so far has really helped my acne case.

Is that so? Prove it. Solid proof and I'll believe you.

holy shit this regime worked for the first 2 weeks but now...my face looks like shit...got pimples on my nose!~!~! havent had those in years :evil: got small ass shit all over my face as well...and I didn't see any fading of my previous red/brown marks :wall:

been on it for i dont know maybe 3+ weeks i've stoped the dip method and just splash super hot (not to hot) water on my face from now on about 40-60 splashes of it.

my oily skin is kept in check and i never had bad acne to begin with but i do have redmarks and no acne. so its still working wonders and should continue.

Okay, so here's what I posted on that anti-DIP thread which has recently popped up:

...Well, it seems there's a lot of angst about my DIP regime. All I can say is, it has and continues, to work great for me. If it might work for other people too, that's all I wanted. We all have different skin types, different diets, prone to random breakouts, so of course the results are going to vary. But, sorry for trying. :wall:

I wish everyone the best of luck with all your other stuff. :)

(and yes I've been monitoring this thread each day from day one, just gave up posting because I found I ended up repeating myself mostly. But have been interested to read everyone elses results.)

I don't know about the rest of you but my skins been doing great on this regimen. The only thing I've changed is that I added the aspirin mask to my routine. I also switched the mask from night to morning. So currently I am doing the hot water dip (NO SOAP or anyo ther topicals) in the morning. After that I put the asprin mask on for about 10 to 15 minutes then rinse off in the shower. At night I do the hot water dip and that's it. My skin hasn't looked better in so long. The asprin mask really helps to reduce the redness and even my complexion out. The hot water has been bringing lots of stuff out of my skin that was stuck. For me whenever I get the occasional pimples from this regimen I can only think it's everything that was backed up finally getting out and it feels good. My face is soft and looks good. Seriously this may not be working for all of you but I've definitely seen great results so far so I'm going to keep at it. :D

Hi ppl,

Just an update and also require your inputs.

Have been on this regimen for about 13days now.Initially,i was applying tazorac(night) and BP(day).Gradually,i weaned off them...and its been 4 days where i am only dipping...no topical creams:)).Skin looks awesome so far.

Just last evening i noticed two tiny whiteheads on my left cheek.One of them has already gone and the other looks dried enuf to go away by tonight surely.

My problems:-

Oily skin-->My skin becomes very oily and sticky in a couple of hours after dipping.I have even started dipping thrice(since two days),but the oily complexion remains.In the morning when i get up,my nose and parts of cheek are shining like crazy.Any idea how do i make my skin less oily?Also,i do not flake at all!!!

Clusters-->Small group of tiny bumps on my chin(left side) and also on my nose...no pain,just tiny bumps!!Any suggestions(had put this question before too...but no replies :wall:

Help me ppl....and give me a new direction!!

Majoomba---you rock!!

Saint