Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mommaLove

Starflower oil capsules OR any other great advice?

Anyone try this? It is suppose to be particularly good for women's health...skin...ect.....kinda similar to Evening Primrose.....Primrose more for hormonal/pms I believe.....tried Primrose for awhile, prob should've stuck with it longer...may have helped? don't know for sure, but curious about Starflower oil....someone in here said it did wonders!

ANYONE? HELP!!!! I've heard of this Honeybush tea...I do drink lots of gr tea....

Now on Minocylcine...horrible headaches...feel sickISH....want to stop theses and go more natural....sigh, I've tried everything...would be much to lengthy to go into detail....26yrold...in need of skin relief! CAN'T afford a derm., so don't even bother that recomendation, lol.....HELP me please with any advice!!!!

Was just using TTO wash, tone....but just continue to have small horrible bumps......LUSH anyone? I'm now going to give their Herbalism wash a whirl....Fresh Farmacy did nothing but gave me more cyts.....YES, used proactiv....seemed to grow immune to it, worked forever, then just stoped doing the trick.....

BC pill's, tried lots....make me all moody...so up and down....that's why I don't want to do those!

Hmmmmnn, can anyone think of anything I haven't tried? Accutane...NO, don't want to try! I don't want to be confined to something so strong, putting that into my body! sorry.....

THANKs all, I appreciate it...any help, I would greatly appreciate~

HoneyBush tea did nothing for me.

TTO dries them out a bit but isn't a miracle..

BP and SA makes me itch..so I'm pretty much in the same boast as you.

I hope someone comes along who can be more helpful.

Honeybush is indeed delicious but had no effect on my hormonal chin acne.

Anyone try this? It is suppose to be particularly good for women's health...skin...ect.....kinda similar to Evening Primrose.....Primrose more for hormonal/pms I believe.....tried Primrose for awhile, prob should've stuck with it longer...may have helped? don't know for sure, but curious about Starflower oil....someone in here said it did wonders!

High. Yes Starflower Oil is fantastic for clearing acne. take it with lecithin and down with milk before food.

HoneyBush tea did nothing for me.

TTO dries them out a bit but isn't a miracle..

BP and SA makes me itch..so I'm pretty much in the same boast as you.

I hope someone comes along who can be more helpful.

Honeybush is indeed delicious but had no effect on my hormonal chin acne.

YES, BP and SA make my skin itch TOO....that's why I think/thought I had or do have perodial dermatitis (sp?). ANYways, this is why I recently went on Minocycline! BUT this too is doing nothing.

High. Yes Starflower Oil is fantastic for clearing acne. take it with lecithin and down with milk before food.

Hmmn.....is this your website...the www.facemaster.....one?

I cked it out....I just cannot find Starflower Oil in the US or that the UK will ship to the US......where can I order some that will ship to the US????

in the US it is called Borage Oil. Starflower Oil and Borage Oil are the same thing. a bit like sidewalk and pavement i suppose.

LOL

am I following you or are you following me?

Is it just me, or does this topic seem like it is popping up everywhere? LOL

YES, thank-you for clearing that up england......GOOD to know!

hi there......

Just saw your ad that your looking for a more natural way to deal with acne.....I get flare ups round my mouth and jawline whilst the rest of my skin is lovely- it's so annoying and depressing at times. One day I can feel good and then they flare up and I feel horrible and paranoid whilst talking to people....it's amazing how it can really affect your mood.....anyway to the point......

I was taking antibiotics however I don't want to use medication in that sense anymore so I went to seee a herbalist a couple of days ago who advised me to only wash my face with water!! If using make up (which I have to otherwise wouldnt go out of the house!) she advised me to take off with almond oil and then use pure vitamin e oil as a moisturiser (this does make your face feel great)

The herbalist is treating my liver (apparently where your acne is realtes to different organs...) with herbs drunk as tea, and also have a topical lotion for night....(all natural). She said I should notice a change in 2 weeks and have booked another app for then. Apparently things get worse before they get better, something Im not looking forward to! Although obviously I cant recommend this advise yet, I hope I can in two weeks time! I already feel better for trying something natural though rather than seeing the GP- apparently antibiotics can actually make acne worse when used long term.......I hope this helps a little :angel:

:dance:

nice! Thanks Blondie....I too want to go more natural...it must be a trend huh? lol

hmmmmmm :think: the whole wash routine.....interesting.....so many people say, just use water...but for us girls that wear make-up, comm'on....we need a little more than that! I'll have to try that out....cool! LET us know how it goes please! And for the antibiotics...YES...I stopped them 2 days ago....began Borage oil (starflower) yesterday.......thx to "someoneinengland" I know to drink with milk and all the other good tips! I'm hoping this will help..duh', :wall: obviously...lol....and that going more natural will be better to my bodY!

SOO blondie...what else is your herbalist say as far as diet...drink tea..what..dandelion root? comfry? burdock? honeybush/rooibos? I've heard those are good choices...I drink tons of green, gr/white, blk/orange tea! Green tea is soooo benenficial in so many other ways too! Since I stopped smoking...I gave up my coffee and cig for green tea.....green tea is good at keeping your metabolism working fast! Keeps you thin. :dance:

anyway...keep us updated bondie! :D

For people who are interested in natural cures (like me), take a look at the Oil Cleansing Method. Now, I know that it seems counterintuitive, but I swear it works. Basically you use a combinaiton of oils, depending on your skin's needs, to wash.

I use 75% castor oil and 25% olive oil. I massage it in using the shisedo face massage technique, and then clean it off with a wash cloth. Initially I didn't see any difference (though interestingly I didn't see any problems, either). I introduced the BP stuff, and now my face is nearly 100% clear. I still have a small prob with breakouts around my period (*tries to glare at the one on my chin*), and my body acne is a completely different matter.

I'm going to look into the supplements mentioned in this thread and see what could work for me.

hi mommalove/ Rachel-

My tea drinking is going well....Im not sure what exactly is in it as it is a concoction of different herbs which has been made up. My skin is clear at the mo but then Im not sure whether its the herbs or whether its just going through a good stage, I'll soon see if a flare up follows...... :(

The herbalist said she is cleaning my liver out as thats where she thinks the root of the problem lies and this is somehow linked into hormones??? Kind of baffled me a bit but I'll give anything a try to have good skin once again.

Also am DEF recommending the oils as a skincare regime, i wear make up and use almond oil- take a small amount in your hand and smooth all over the face then rinse with warm water and a cloth, then I dab on some other concotion which she made up for me, this reduces redness, and is anti- inflammatory..(all natural), and then I smooth over my face with pure Vitamin e-oil. It a cheap regime as well and my skin does feel more moisturised and more healthy than rip off products from the shops!

I'm taking 4000mg EPO and I JUST bought Borage oil yesterday..I got the oil and not the capsuels..big mistake. I'd rather eat puke than drink that oil. It is SO DISGUSTING. What I won't do for clear skin...

THX blondie.....hmmmn, might have to venture to your face wash routine....just alomond oil, rinse and use cloth to wipe off? Then you special concoction...then vit e oil? Hmmnn...sound so nice, cheap and simple! I'll have to give it a whirl.....already I feel tons better since quitting my antibiotics...now on the borage oil for almost a wk....but already seeing clearing (although I think that is in part becuase I stopped the BP and the TTO topical stuff).

ami...ahhh hun, that stinks...try to take the oil back and get an exchange for the capsules! but YEAH...borage oil!

girls, keep me updated on your progress.....I love hearing what we are all doin'! What's working, what's not......it's good..no it's great to get tips from all of you!