Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
banana

accutane for hormonal acne

hey guys, I finished my first round of accutane November 2005. My derm was quite conservative, she put me on 20mg for ten whole months and that was it. No upping dosage. Anyway, my face was crystal for the months that followed until around June of this year when I started breaking out again, darn it.

Anyway I went to a new derm and she wants to put me on tane again. I'm thinking this acne is most probabaly hormonal because I get pustules around the time of my period. So I was thinking maybe a whole other approach is needed. But this new derm says that even if this is hormonla acne, acctane will still work becase if the sebum doesnt produce oil , then the hormones will have nothing to act out on. So she wants me to go on a more traditional way of taking the tan... startin slow and gradually increasing dosage. And I wanna know if a second round of accutane will really help hormonal acne or not? help me out pls. I really wanna try ot that spiro thing but i dont think it's available in my country though.

Guest Sincerely_Me

Try the second round of tane and upping the dosages.

Do a 5-6 months course and make sure you get a cumulative dose of 120-150mg/kg. Also the 2nd round should be like a 90% this time! And besides that it works for any type of acne, hell just go figure there is plenty of teenagers who have clear skin and at that time they have raging hormones. But yeah it is true that adult women have the highest relapse rate.

But yeah it is true that adult women have the highest relapse rate.

Is it really? For some reason I thought teenagers were at higher risk for relapse due to changes in hormones etc. Now I'm worried....I'm a 27 year old woman with hormonal acne, on day 28 of accutane. This is my last resort and I'm hoping and praying it clears me up for good!

Is it really? For some reason I thought teenagers were at higher risk for relapse due to changes in hormones etc. Now I'm worried....I'm a 27 year old woman with hormonal acne, on day 28 of accutane. This is my last resort and I'm hoping and praying it clears me up for good!

Yea that is true. Women first then teenagers! I'm an adult male, going on 21 I'm suppose to have the lowest relapse rate but still that don't mean squat, it really depends on the person in the end. And yes the 2nd time you take accutane you are most likely to be in permanent remission.