Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Asystole

Self consciousness is ruining my life.

This is not about acne. Go figure, but i have nowhere else to vent and right now i really need to. I have pretty much decided to go with a self diagnosis of Social Anxiety Disorder. It's really gotten to the point that it's affecting me every day.

I can't leave my room/house without looking in a mirror to make sure that i look okay (within reason - i'm never happy about the way i look anyway). I look in reflective shop window/building glass that i pass every few minutes. I don't dance because i'm worried about not being good at it and thinking everyone will look and laugh at me. If i'm walking down the street in a crowded place i look at the floor because i think everyone will be looking at me judging the way i look. I don't do public speaking, i never have the confidence to approach a girl i like in any kind of public place, if i'm asked to dance i generally find some excuse which leaves either me looking like a loser, or the girl looking insulted. Or both.

Right.. that just covers about 1% of the situations in which i get the "i wish this could just be over so i can go home" feeling. Yeah, i was just out with friends watching a local band play. For 2 hours i wasn't dancing, i wasn't at the bar talking to people. I was clock-watching waiting for it to be over.

I hate it so much, i wish i was one of those people who could just be so outgoing and not care about what other people think but every time i try, i fail.

Sorry for the rant but i had to get it out of my system.

Guest No Pride

Damnnnn man, yeah you need some drugs. Get some xanax or paxil and dont forget to drink some rum or smoke some buds at night to release for the day. I look 10x worse then you and im confident as hell, like a brick wall that cant be penetrated because simply, I dont give a damn about anything anymore but love and peace and spreading as much of it around as I can before I die. Its way too time consuming and painful to live with SAD. People treat you based on the way you act and present yourself MOST of the time. There are a few dicks out there, ignore them, they are worthless.

In the sedentary/perfection western lifestyle, there are LOADS of mental problems. Individualist society causes a lot, check out studies on communal lifestyles and youll find little to no mental insecurities and problems. Its almost impossible to break without an iron will, to exercise and talk to all the women and guys you can. Really, to fix this quick (a few weeks to a month) you need drugs that will make you feel high and happy all day. Thats the way to live life man, high and happy. You'll get the girls and charm the world.

This is not about acne. Go figure, but i have nowhere else to vent and right now i really need to. I have pretty much decided to go with a self diagnosis of Social Anxiety Disorder. It's really gotten to the point that it's affecting me every day.

I can't leave my room/house without looking in a mirror to make sure that i look okay (within reason - i'm never happy about the way i look anyway). I look in reflective shop window/building glass that i pass every few minutes. I don't dance because i'm worried about not being good at it and thinking everyone will look and laugh at me. If i'm walking down the street in a crowded place i look at the floor because i think everyone will be looking at me judging the way i look. I don't do public speaking, i never have the confidence to approach a girl i like in any kind of public place, if i'm asked to dance i generally find some excuse which leaves either me looking like a loser, or the girl looking insulted. Or both.

damn dude, i do that same shit. "I can't leave my room/house without looking in a mirror to make sure that i look okay" i sometimes do that for hours, especially if i might go out. then i start picking at my face then make some excuse for why i cant go out. i think ima be an alcoholic later in life because of it. :wall: "If i'm walking down the street in a crowded place i look at the floor because i think everyone will be looking at me judging the way i look." i do that and say "i hate my life" the whole time, so if they dont judge me for being ugly then they think im crazy. FUCK IT!!

Im kinda the same but i do talk...

Example, i was walking in the street and two girls walked past and they looked at me and smiled in a nice way... i went like jelly and looked away. Now if i'd smiled back i'd have felt ALOT better about myself.

Im trying to get out of it at the moment and my friends are helping me by meeting more people. Acne has done this to you and it done it to me. Now i only have the faiding marks which you can still see in my pic im coming out of this shell that ive build around myself.

weelcome 2 the club. im not shy of dancing or my personality at all. just i swer i wanna live life with a brown paper bag put over my head with a few holes 2 see and breath. thas all

maybe see someone for this? if it really bothers you. is this solely because of acne, or an all-around problem? i think we all feel a little self-conscious, especially on those bad days. hope you can work it out! :)

Nono it wasn't at all about acne in this case, that's only mild, and on my shoulders, and is fading with this new treatment i'm on. This was a generalisation of my personality :/

WHY SHOULD ANY 1 ELSE GIVE A SHIT WHAT YOU look liKE.

chill dude ur alot more good looking than alot of other people in the world.

Just go out 1 nite and just have a good drink with some m8s and party :D

Dont hide on the inside world :ninja: