Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdean

photodynamic thearpy

have any of you guys heard of photodynamic thearpy?

it says its used for acne and getting rid of oily skin and redmarks and i was wondering if anyone has tried it or knows anyone who has

Guest Locked In Grace

This treatment came up a while ago but it didnt sound too good.

Why didn't it sound too good?

The first step is to have a Levulan® Kerastick® topical solution applied to the skin. This solution makes the treated areas more sensitive to light, which prepares the skin for the second step in the process. After leaving the topical solution on the skin for 45-60 minutes, therapy continues with a Blue Light Treatment. A Blue Light Treatment session lasts 4-8 minutes.

The ALA makes the skin extremely sun-sensitive, so patients are advised to stay out of the sun for 24 hours following treatment.

For best results 1 to 3 treatments are required, depending on the condition. Results last three years. After the initial treatments, you will need maintenance once a year. Regular microdermabrasion or chemical peels after treatment will enhance the effects.

what doesnt sound good about

The first step is to have a Levulan® Kerastick® topical solution applied to the skin. This solution makes the treated areas more sensitive to light, which prepares the skin for the second step in the process. After leaving the topical solution on the skin for 45-60 minutes, therapy continues with a Blue Light Treatment. A Blue Light Treatment session lasts 4-8 minutes.

The ALA makes the skin extremely sun-sensitive, so patients are advised to stay out of the sun for 24 hours following treatment.

For best results 1 to 3 treatments are required, depending on the condition. Results last three years. After the initial treatments, you will need maintenance once a year. Regular microdermabrasion or chemical peels after treatment will enhance the effects.

Hmmm how long where these treatments apart. Im sure it took like 8 months to clear if im not mistaken :confused:

Hmmm how long where these treatments apart. Im sure it took like 8 months to clear if im not mistaken :confused:

it took 2 treatments for me to get clear. i didnt stay clear after i stopped though. i was on an 8 week program, had 3 ALA treatments and bluelight once a week.

how long did you stay clear and how long did the oil stay away cus it said results woul last 3 years but i dont think they would last that long

yeah i heard its a bit pricy im going in for a consult in 3 weeks. idk it looks like its worth it but u only had ur results last for a couple of months but if u dont mind me asking how many treatments did u get done and how bad was ur acne?