Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flexistraws

Deal with derm. What about the alcohol?

Hi!

I'm an incarnated weekend drinker, and is facing the derm in too weeks. How long after a weekend boozer can the alcohol effect the blood results? I really wan't the tane, so I need a good blood specimen.

Hi!

I'm an incarnated weekend drinker, and is facing the derm in too weeks. How long after a weekend boozer can the alcohol effect the blood results? I really wan't the tane, so I need a good blood specimen.

just take up smoking weed if you dont already, problem solved

Hi!

Not smoking a shit. Just asking how long after a boozer can the alcohol effect the blood test?

Not smoking a shit. Just asking how long after a boozer can the alcohol effect the blood test?

It should be out of your system in 2 days at the most, usually 1 day depending on how heavy you drank.

Hi!

LMAO. word.

Alcohol leaves the body in less than a day. I drank the night before going (forgot about appointment) and had no problems getting my tane. Not that im encouraging you to drink.

Hi!

LMAO. word.

Alcohol leaves the body in less than a day. I drank the night before going (forgot about appointment) and had no problems getting my tane. Not that im encouraging you to drink.

Nice. So then youre convinced, that i can go boozing in the weekend? I got a derm deal at wednsday.

If you have alcohol within 72 hours of the test it can spike your trigylcerides and the derm might not want to put you on Accutane.

Ok, but after the 72 hours, it won't effect the blood specimen?

i drink quite a bit (unfortunately) and i drank 5 nights straight, and only took the night off before my blood tests. just saw my derm and she my results were "perfect".

Ok, but after the 72 hours, it won't effect the blood specimen?

Not unless you are drinking regularly enough and in large enough quantities to elevate the liver enzymes.

I drink hardly every or every second weekend. Just to make you sure that im not an alcoholic. Is that to much to elevate the liver enzymes?

Hi!

I think it says refrain from alcohol for 72 hours before the test.

I am a daily drinker and just started 40mg of accutane. I am keeping it to one a day until I see what the test results look like. Also, I may get an increase in my dose so I would have to adjust my drinking accordingly.

Be careful,

Platinum

Drinking makes acne worse.

No it doesn't.

Hi!

I think it says refrain from alcohol for 72 hours before the test.

I am a daily drinker and just started 40mg of accutane. I am keeping it to one a day until I see what the test results look like. Also, I may get an increase in my dose so I would have to adjust my drinking accordingly.

Be careful,

Platinum

Drinking makes acne worse.

No it doesn't.

Ok thanks :)

Then i don't need to worry. I've already refrained. Havn't been boozing in 3 weeks, which is pretty atypical for me :D

As a matter of fact, my derm said they really only put that alcohol warning on it because the majority of people that take it are college age and tend to drink heavily.

If you read the actual accutane patient info, there is no mention of refraining from alcohol in it.

Still, alcohol = good :) . Drunk = bad :doubt: .

Platinum

Hi!

Hmm after going through rehab two times let's see if I can't remember anything. For one thing alcohol normally passes through your system within' 24 hours after drinking. Keep it at 30 to be safe.

Hi!

Hmm after going through rehab two times let's see if I can't remember anything. For one thing alcohol normally passes through your system within' 24 hours after drinking. Keep it at 30 to be safe.

You know, that's what I thought, too. But I wonder how long it affects your triglicerides. They aren't testing for alcohol, just liver enzymes and cholesterol, right?

Platinum

Hi!

You know, that's what I thought, too. But I wonder how long it affects your triglicerides. They aren't testing for alcohol, just liver enzymes and cholesterol, right?

Platinum

If not a trace of alcohol is found in the body after 24 hours I assume it's fair game to say it doesn't affect your triglicerides for more than 24 hours. But yet who knows? I'm not a scientist i'm just very good at beer pong.