Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yes, it's gross. Yes, it's rare. Yes, you probably haven't even heard about it up until now, but if there's anyone here who is currently suffering from eyebrow dandruff, I have an amazing solution for you.

I've been dealing with eyebrow dandruff for the past 2 years. It's pretty gross and I'd usually just put on lotion or moisturizer after showering or washing my face and that would make me look alright, but there would still be the occasional flakes which are just plain gross.

I looked around on the internet recently for household solutions on getting rid of dandruff, and happened to come upon an item called Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV). After using it for 2 days, I have no more eyebrow dandruff or any traces of eyebrow dandruff and I am extremely pleased.

How to use:

1. Get some Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) and get some cotton balls.

2. Pour enough ACV onto the cotton ball to make it decently wet - you want to soak your eyebrows with this shit and not just lightly apply it. You want to make sure it gets past the hair and to the skin beneath the hair so that it stops the flaking. At the same time, though, you don't want to get it anywhere else (I mean, it would be fine if you put it on your face, and lots of people use it and recommend it as a toner, but for me, it just smells way too bad). You just want to get it so that it's wet on your eyebrows and that there's enough there for it to do its job.

3. Let it dry.

My recommendation is to do this when you know you won't be talking to people for awhile (ie. don't go to school with this stuff on) because it stanks like something horrid. Just do it when you come home from school and before you go to bed and whatnot.

ACV supposedly works amazingly for scalp dandruff or any other kinds of dandruff for that matter (not sure if there are any...) but I don't really have any good ideas for using ACV if you have scalp dandruff. If you poured it all over your head, you'd probably use a good portion of the bottle and you'd smell pretty terrible for awhile, so I'd suggest having a Google for a better solution.

If you have dry/flaky skin on your face or in other areas you might want to check this out as well. Can't really guarantee anything, though, as I've only used it on my eyebrows. Since dandruff is essentially just flaky/dry skin, though, I'd expect the results to be pretty similar.

Good luck to you all :)

Lol, and i thought i was the only one who suffered with that. Everytime I scartch my eyebrows(cuz they get itchy) flakes just fall and fall down..its really gross. So I am going to try this, thank you! :)

My husband has this at the eyebrows and facial hair areas- he just washes his face with head and shoulders when he's in the shower to keep it under control, but he isn't acne prone.

It's not really dry flaky skin. It's called "seborrheic dermatitis", it's the same as dandruff on the head. It's due to an overgrowth of a yeast (fungus) on the skin. The body responds by trying to shed the infected cells - resulting in the dry flakes. It seems to be worse wherever there are coarse hair follicles (as opposed to the little fine hairs that are everywhere) and in men it can be found not just at the eyebrows but also in the areas where facial hair grows.