Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rocker123

Little help

Recently, I start using the CSR to which it was working great. First 3 weeks were great, and by the third week I was nearly acne free. Then, I developed a rather large bump on my upper forehead, that was unpoppable. I think it was a cyst or something. So, I read around, took a warm needle, punctured it, got out all the pus, washed thoroughly, and everything was fine. Then I got a few more smaller ones in the same area. now I have 3-4 of them. They're really not THAT noticible so i'm not THAT worried about it.

But now my face is slowly starting to blackhead everywhere. My cheeks/chin used to be nearly spotless,and now I got little tiny things everywhere and 2-3 larger blackheads on both sides. I'm fearing it's going to get worse and worse like it was.

The ONLY difference I have made in my daily routine is the gym, which of course leads to sweating.

Any suggestions?

Hi rocker,

Let's review your products and your procedure first thing.

Which products are you using (cleanser, bp, moisturizer) and HOW are you using them?

also, which products, if any, did you discontinue in order to start the CSR?

Hi rocker,

Which products are you using (cleanser, bp, moisturizer) and HOW are you using them?

No products to discontinue.

I'm using a Clean and Clear blackhead scrub for a cleanser, I wash my face with soap, dry, wet it, put that on leave it on for 3-4 minutes as I can feel it cleaning deeply in my pores (little tingly feeling). Was that off, pat dry, put on neutrogena on the spot 2.5% benzoil peroxide solution, apply it very lightly and let it absorb. Then sometimes I add in a eucerine alpha hydroxy lotion

i go to the gym too, and Dan says not to wash more then twice so work around it so that youll only wash twice in one day(if youre not already doing that). you might need more mostuire too, by the third week i got really dry. i dont think you need that black head scrub, my blackheads got a lot better with just bp and does that product have salylic acid?

Hi rocker,

I'm using a Clean and Clear blackhead scrub for a cleanser, I wash my face with soap, dry, wet it, put that on leave it on for 3-4 minutes as I can feel it cleaning deeply in my pores (little tingly feeling). Was that off, pat dry, put on neutrogena on the spot 2.5% benzoil peroxide solution, apply it very lightly and let it absorb. Then sometimes I add in a eucerine alpha hydroxy lotion

3 problems I see right there ^

Hi rocker,

Try to get on the Regimen as Dan describes. Scrubs and medicated cleansers are a no-no.

You need to use a basic gentle cleanser, such as Purpose bar or PurposeGentle Wash, or the CSR gentle wash.

Your BP is fine.

You said you "sometimes add in a eucerin alpha hydroxy lotion."

Which lotion exactly is it? Some Eucerin products are loaded with oil and stuff I would NOT put on my face, so please list the name of it.

Also, you should be using moisturizer every day. An oil-free non-comedogenic moisturizer.

So, basically, I"m seeing several red flags for you which is probably why you aren't seeing good results.

1. Get a gentle non-medicated cleanser. (no scrubs, no soap)

2. use a generous amount of bp (two squiggly lines of N on-the-spot)

3. moisturize every day, preferably twice a day, with an oil-free non-comedogenic moisturizer.

Try to make these changes and I bet you will begin to see better progress.

Good luck!!

Hi rocker,

Try to get on the Regimen as Dan describes. Scrubs and medicated cleansers are a no-no.

You need to use a basic gentle cleanser, such as Purpose bar or PurposeGentle Wash, or the CSR gentle wash.

Your BP is fine.

You said you "sometimes add in a eucerin alpha hydroxy lotion."

Which lotion exactly is it? Some Eucerin products are loaded with oil and stuff I would NOT put on my face, so please list the name of it.

Also, you should be using moisturizer every day. An oil-free non-comedogenic moisturizer.

So, basically, I"m seeing several red flags for you which is probably why you aren't seeing good results.

1. Get a gentle non-medicated cleanser. (no scrubs, no soap)

2. use a generous amount of bp (two squiggly lines of N on-the-spot)

3. moisturize every day, preferably twice a day, with an oil-free non-comedogenic moisturizer.

Try to make these changes and I bet you will begin to see better progress.

Good luck!!

The one i'm using has oils in it, so I guess that's a NO-NO.

I'm gonna make a list and stop by rite-aid, thanks for the advice and as a community you guys are great.

Let us know what you get when you return from your shopping trip!

For a cleanser I got Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser for normal to oily skin. Non-comedogenic.

For the moisturizer I acquired Neutrogena body moisturizer. Daily Therapeutic Lotion. Was one of the very few that had no medicine or oils in it.

Btw, this is my pic http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/pimpinclan/dan2.jpg

That's when my skin had very little acne. That was with my previous products.

Guest Sincerely_Me

thoughts on the products?

Good cleanser...but for moisturizer...if you're using it on your face gets something that is made specifically for that. Cetaphil has a great moisturizer. It smells a bit like bug spray, but it works well. There are a lot, just get specifially a FACIAL moisturizer.