Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pushing Up Roses

Clean and Clear commercial

Anyone see it? With the two girls getting ready to go somewhere (I guess?) and one spots a pimple, yes..ONE PIMPLE, that you can't even see on the camera? Ugh, such hogwash, makes me feel so angry. I'd be so grateful to have that girls complexion with just one zit! What a terrible commercial, I wish they would use people with REAL acne.

I wish they would use people with REAL acne.

No acne commercial will do that..... simply because they know their products dont work.

And becuase nobody wants to buy a product with 2 kids full of severe acne on their face during the commercial.

Commercials aimed at women and girls like that usually infuriate me. Some young person somewhere is sitting on their couch feeling insecure about their one pimple.

Message is that it's not OK to have a couple of pimples and you should really go take care of it by putting some crap on your face (that will make things worse) instead of leaving it alone and being OK with yourself.

Be perfect girls!! no room for ugly here.

I hate how the girl who gives her the C&C treatment is all smiley and mellow and whatnot. THAT pisses me off. Her friend is like, "oh look, a pimple" and she's just like "relax. :cool: just use this."

Guest Sincerely_Me

Hate those commercials. But they need people with clear skin to sell their shit.

theyre quite embarrassin aswell cos theyre making a big deal over one spot n im sittin there hopin noone sees MY face. even though its not as bad any more. i just hate my complexion.

Remember, folks...Every "acne treatment cream/gel/pill" you see on TV is actually an Accutane commercial, because we all know ALL them bastards either never HAD acne, or used Accutane.

Right, Jessica Simpson/Lindsay Lohan/Britney Spears/ad nauseum?

The only person who claims off-camera to be cured by something like Pro-Active is Puff Daddy. He's probably lying too.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Another ad that annoys me is the one for Clearasil. This girl is talking about how bad her acne was (three pimples) and saying that she couldn't ask some hot guy out because of her "acne". Then she's like "In just three days my skin was clear and I got his number."

If you listen carefully to that Cleanand Clear commercial, the woman says summat like "this could reduce inflamation in 8 hours!" But notice the word could. Could work, not will work. They quickly skip over that word cos they know it won't work and what they are selling is a load of RUBBISH!

That UK commercial is pretty funny..but whats with the pizza, grease rubbing all over his face like that?!...If anything, people outta know that people with DRY SKIN...NOT OILY AT ALL..get acne. And, oily skin people don't always have acne-proned skin. AUG!