Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sparty

Tan face, anyone?

No one want to have ghostly pale skin. Tanning skin make pimple less visible. We all try to get natural tan even when we know how damage UV ray can cause. Some of you know how to get perfect fake tan, right? I think we should share our own experience with tanning product for both face and body. This way we will be safe from those dangerous UV rays and stay beautiful all year round.

To get perfect than...you need two things....good exfoliation and good self tanning product. (woman can also use bronzer powder, I don't think you guys want to do that though)

I will start with powdre bronzer first....in my opinion...these are the one that don't turn you to orangy umpalumpa....

-Terra Bella from Dior

-Hoola from BeneFit

-T. LeClerc Pressed Powder Bronzer - Soleil....for medium to dark complexions.

-T. LeClerc Pressed Powder Bronzer - Dore....for fair skin

-Bronzer from Guerlain (#2 for medium skin)

-MAC bronzer in golden

tanning lotion

-California North Titanium Self Tanner

-St. Tropez Instant Self Tanning System

-St Tropez Whipped Bronze Self Tanning Mousse (mousse tanning) **I LOVE this one. Easy to use great color!

-Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronze Concentrate

-Clarins tanning lotion

That's all I've tried and like. I love st. tropez whipped bronze the best.

i know many ppl love a good tan. personally i am not interested in it. but ghostly pale skin? i don't think so! biggrin.gif

cann

some people complain that BP make their skin turn ghostly white....and they go to tanning salon to bake themselves. I think it is safer to use tanning lotion or bronzer.

Exactly. After all the bp and exfoliating products I've used on my face in the past month, it is now at it's palest. The skin on my neck still has remnants of a tan that I had in the summer which only makes the pastiness of my face stand out more, especially in natural or very bright light.

Hey,

Although UV tanning thickens the stratum corneum resulting in less visible blemishes, it causes a variety of undersirable consequences and coupled with the fact that benzoyl peroxide makes your skin photosensitive, fake it instead.

My favourite bronzing powders:

- Lancome Star Bronze Compact XL in 02 Intense

- Laura Mercier Bronzing Powder

- MAC Matte Powder Bronzer

- Bloom Aloha Bronzer

- Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer; and

- Benefit Hoola

Make sure you use a good brush, like a Blush/Powder Brush from Sephora, Bloom, Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown.

And my favourite self-tanning lotions:

- David Jones Self-Tanning Lotion~

- Amcal Sunless Tanner~

- L’Oreal Sublime Bronze Gel*

- Paula’s Choice Almost The Real Thing*

- The Body Shop Fake It! Self-Tan Body Lotion~

- Yves Rocher Express Bronze Monoi de Tahiti Sunless Tanner~

- Au Courant Clear Face Gel*

And high-end products:

- Clarins Gelee Auto-Bronzante*

- Clarins Lait Auto-Bronzant~*

- Estee Lauder Sunless SuperTan in Dark*

- Christian Dior – Dior Bronze Face Tanner in Super Bronze*

- Ella Bache Great (Face) Tan Without Sun~*

~Body

*Face

Happy tanning smile.gif

I dont get on well with self-tan sad.gif which is a shame cos I look horrible and pale at the moment.

Ive tried quite a few. Ive found that when I apply them at night, come morning its paler round by nose and and chin cos my skins really oily. Does it dilute it or something??? It also tans my blackheads 8-[ and makes them darker (tanned blackheads :-s ) although maybe im imagining that one....

My favourite one was Lancome Flash Bronzer for face (or something like that).

xxx

Do self tanners help fade red marks like UV rays, or is the anti-inflammatory response to UV rays that cause the red marks to fade?

Do self tanners help fade red marks like UV rays, or is the anti-inflammatory response to UV rays that cause the red marks to fade?

Has any of you tried Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Bronzing powder? it is really good and it also does not make you look like umpa lumpa [-X

I am of Asian Origin so I have no problem with getting tanned but if you are suffering from acne problems it definitely is not good to get tanned directly from the sun because if you have scars then they will turn out darker than the rest of your face - that's what happened to me!