Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jasmin

Has anyone really had reduction of scar tissue with copper peptides

Over a prolonged period of use, Dr. Pickart claims copper peptides will remove scar tissue and help new "healthy collagen grow. I have read some posters here claiming needling reduced the depths of their scars, but that the new tissue formed looks like scar tissue, which I think would not be worth it if you dont have deep scars. I have some very shallow scarred areas that are wider than scarred pores that really bother me because of the scar tissue appearance.

I have been using super cp and retin a 0.1%, and super cop about 2-3 times a week, and a glycolic, lactic acid, salycyclic acid serum on days that I dont use the retin a to exfoliate. I slather on these things not really knowing if they will do jack for my scars because its something to do. Its just so frustrating that you can suffer so much with invasive procedures and burn your face off so that even the smallest scars remain. Why is it so damn difficult for them to come up with something truly effective for scars? There is no telling how much we would all shell out if something truly effective, 80% or more improvement were out there.

I don't believe Copper Peptides do much to alter or remove scar tissue. I have used Super CP for God knows how long and have seen no improvement/changes in my scars. I think that Pickart's site provides great theory but there is very little evidence that supports it in practice.

I think the only way the CP serum would be effective is if it was injected directly into scar tissue which has been surgically exposed. I find it very hard to believe that CP can penetrate through the surface of scar tissue and absorbed within the epidermal layers.

Since CP is viewed as a cosmeceutical product and not a medicinal, Pickart can get away with saying almost whatever he likes so it is hard to have much faith in the product. The same can be applied to other companies like Nivea and L'Oreal that claim to 'erase fine lines and wrinkles".

I don't believe Copper Peptides do much to alter or remove scar tissue. I have used Super CP for God knows how long and have seen no improvement/changes in my scars. I think that Pickart's site provides great theory but there is very little evidence that supports it in practice.

I think the only way the CP serum would be effective is if it was injected directly into scar tissue which has been surgically exposed. I find it very hard to believe that CP can penetrate through the surface of scar tissue and absorbed within the epidermal layers.

Since CP is viewed as a cosmeceutical product and not a medicinal, Pickart can get away with saying almost whatever he likes so it is hard to have much faith in the product. The same can be applied to other companies like Nivea and L'Oreal that claim to 'erase fine lines and wrinkles".

Thank you for sharing your honest experience with these products even if it is not what we would like to hear. You make perfect sense. He can say whatever he wants and give us false hope like these other wrinkle creams companies can because we really want to believe it and they are not bound to the same regulations medicinal products are. Doctors with deep peels also get away with exagerating claims and it is way worse because you are paying top dollar, suffering with downtime and prolonged side effects to see no improvement even in your smallest shallowest scars and even ending up with more scars. I think judges and alot of people think we deserve what we get for worrying so much about our appearance and they cant sympathize with us that is one of the reasons they can get away with it and because it does not involve life or limbs.

i have been using copper peptides and exfol serum for a few months. Also, I use tazorac and 10% glycolic. I am always peeling. I do not needle but I microderm hard on the scars. I have seen results. At first it made all my scars more noticeable because it ate away the scar tissue and now skin is starting to fill in. It is such a slow process. I started seeing more results when I dermabraded the scar hard then applied CP's. The super cop 2x works real good but i had to back off for a while I was using too much and it started to irritate my skin. when I dermabrade the scars they get really red and ugly and then I use CP's. That is when I get the best results. I am so tired of my face looking all red, but that is what works for me. Also, I have been taking all the supplements he reccomends. I have spent so much money at skin biology and on the supplements. I sure hope it works.

Yeah, I think my scars are going through that transition phase where they get worse before they get better. I've only been using CP serum for 3 weeks though, but I'm using it in conjunction with monthly self needling and .1% Tazorac gel. Plus I'm using Vitamin C for collagen production as well as MSM. I really hope they start looking better soon. I'm so tired of looking at my face with these ugly scars.

I have been taking Alpha Lipoic Acid, MSM, fish oil, and a few other things here and there. I take vitamin c orally but not topically because it makes the CP's not work. Thet counteract eachother. To get the fastest results with CP's you have to gently abrade the surface then put the CP's on. It usually leaves me with an ugly blue scab that I cannot stand so I peel it off. Usually after I peel it off the scar is smaller. I will let it rest a few days then do it again. I was on the skin biology website and guy said he has been taking colostrum and hyaluronic acid orally and it helped so I have been taking those everyday. Also I have been breaking the colostrum tablets open and put the powder on the scar after the scab comes off. He said it made a big difference. I am pretty much doing everything the skin bio website says. my scars are all pretty small except one and all this seems to be helping. It is so hard to tell.

I have been taking Alpha Lipoic Acid, MSM, fish oil, and a few other things here and there. I take vitamin c orally but not topically because it makes the CP's not work. Thet counteract eachother. To get the fastest results with CP's you have to gently abrade the surface then put the CP's on. It usually leaves me with an ugly blue scab that I cannot stand so I peel it off. Usually after I peel it off the scar is smaller. I will let it rest a few days then do it again. I was on the skin biology website and guy said he has been taking colostrum and hyaluronic acid orally and it helped so I have been taking those everyday. Also I have been breaking the colostrum tablets open and put the powder on the scar after the scab comes off. He said it made a big difference. I am pretty much doing everything the skin bio website says. my scars are all pretty small except one and all this seems to be helping. It is so hard to tell.

i am starting back on copper peptides (stopped them about a year ago -- couldn't afford another bottle and my schedule got all out of whack) this week and doing self-needling starting tonight (just did a test run on one scar and it was pretty easy). i'm going to apply Super CP to needled areas in a couple of days to see how it works...

i am starting back on copper peptides (stopped them about a year ago -- couldn't afford another bottle and my schedule got all out of whack) this week and doing self-needling starting tonight (just did a test run on one scar and it was pretty easy). i'm going to apply Super CP to needled areas in a couple of days to see how it works...

How much improvement did you see a year ago? Have you actually been through a period where it looks worse and then it gets better or did you just quit while it was still looking bad.

I was hoping that more people who have tried it for a prolonged period would write in with their honest evaluation. I notice that every now and then when people bring up these products you get responses who are just trying it, going through the ugly stage and hoping it gets better. Maybe people just quit because they cant stand their scars looking worse or hardly anyone gets definitite noticeable improvement and so they just move on to something else. The people who say they see improvement say it is very subtle and they are not quite sure if their scars were really improved, maybe they are just hanging on to some hope. You also get those posters who have hardly ever posted before and they sound like they just came on to push the products.

Hi keeping this thread alive. Question on colostrum, how exactly do you apply it on the scar? If it's in powder form then how do you let it settle onto your skin? Excuse my dumbness Cheers.