Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spillett

To The Guys - Don't Be Shy

I have been using Clinique for men range (face soap, body scrub and moisturisor) and I have definitely seen an improvement in my skin, although as always it hasn't cleared me of acne.

I also use a vitamin concealer powder to cover up any red spots, called Menaji. It's made from natural products so doesn't clog up the skin and doesn't look like you're wearing make up either.

Also have a topical cream from the Dr which I put on at night.

I have been using Clinique for men range (face soap, body scrub and moisturisor) and I have definitely seen an improvement in my skin, although as always it hasn't cleared me of acne.

I also use a vitamin concealer powder to cover up any red spots, called Menaji. It's made from natural products so doesn't clog up the skin and doesn't look like you're wearing make up either.

Also have a topical cream from the Dr which I put on at night.

Kiehl's blue cleansing gel w/salicylic acid followed with kiehl's calendula extract toner in morning. sometimes the same at night and sometimes kiehl's blue astringent toner at night. cetaphil moisturizer when necessary and some concealer when necessary. i began to notice an improvement when i started using the keihls stuff, but, as is the case with most acne sufferers (i believe), topical treatments only get you so far. doxy worked when i was on it, and I'm sure accutane would work too, but i dont think very highly of using the pills for extended periods of time...(cough) life (cough). I am finding that six cups a day of green tea a day with saw palmetto and acidophilous with lunch and dinner works quite well in combination with the topical practice. zinc also helps fade the scars more quickly.

I use Triaz 6% first thing in the shower, and then the last thing is to rinse it off and wash with the Purpose cleanser. I then useTazorac on my trouble spots, but plan to try the CSR benzoyl cream stuff instead, and then use Dove sensitive essentials day lotion for moisturizing.

I currently use an electronic shaver (one that has the 3 circular blades), which is pretty nice and doesn't irritate me much. I might try normal razers again though.

Wash with Cetaphil with Triclosan, shave with Aveeno gentle shaving cream and Mach 3 razor.

Moisturize with Eucerin Skin Renewal SPF 15 Day Lotion (hoarded a bunch from drugstore.com before it was discontinued), and then use Duac to spot treat in the morning after waiting a while. I use Tazorac at night. Only wash my face once per day. More than that seems like overkill.

Neutrogena healthy skin Moisturizer

Tazorac

Retin-A/Kojic acid

exfoliate with baking soda

egg white/lemon face mask

I don't think I would go with the concealer/make up route that some guys are going with on this board, but I do have to say its tempting sometimes.

I use only simple soap and sometimes I apply aloe vera gel or I don't even wash my face when I was out camping. I have never suffer from acne. I come to this board because I am interested in dermatology and hope one day I can help to cure acne problems for people :)

My skin was doing very well this year, but starting in June I had some really nasty cystic spots. Only a few weeks ago I had a huge egg of a spot by the side of my nose that I had to keep draining...it was horrible. I was already on Dan's regimen, but I decided to add a salicylic acid treatment. So each night I now use a 2% salicylic acid gel each night, then the BP gel in the morning. I also use an exfoliating wash every few days. The results have been quite remarkable. For the two weeks since I started I've only been getting the occasional little spot that goes really quickly. Most of the marks on my face are now due to the post inflammatory hyperpigmentation rather than actual spots. I recommend this regimen, and hope it helps someone else out there.