Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lucky13lucky

Differen - Redness and Oil???

ive been using differin (post accutane) for about 2 months, and i notice that after i use the differen my face is really greasy that day and the differen seems to be making my red marks worse. is this normal? i mean im not breaking out but im not sure if the redness and oil is worth it.

Guest Sincerely_Me

Differin is a bit greasy, but I use it only at night, so it doesn't seem to be an issue. As for making redmarks worse, I don't know...hmm. When do you apply it?

Hmm I've noticed the opposite...I use differin at night and it seems to be lightning my red marks. Well I use it in conjunction with BP and use an AHA moisturizer so.

differin should not be making the red marks worse - it should be fading them (by thinning the skin and causing it to shed faster.) i dunno about the greasy issue though.

I haven't experienced any redness or oil using Differin. I only apply it at night before bed and it can feel a little sticky on my face for a bit but eventually it absorbs and it's no longer an issue. It seems that my redmarks are getting better as well. Are you applying Differin just at night or during the day as well?

I have been using Differen along with Aczone. Differen only at night and Aczone twice a day. I think my dermatologist is an idiot. Now my skin is burning and hurting and dry. I am going off of it and I am going to go back on the benzoyl peroxide. I was doing ok for awhile and on the first few days, but then my skin got so irritated. I switched cleansers and makeup at the same time. I wonder if that's why though to...

:(