Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Let me give you a little bit of history about me before I begin my rambling

I've had acne since I was 12.. not bad at first.. just normal stuff. But then 9th grade, it all went to hell. Over about 2 years I've gone from Clearasil to Doxycyline + Retin A to a 10 MONTH laser treatment that cost $5000 (and did nothing)

Enter Accutane

I started Accutane exactly 90 days ago, and I have a 150 day treatment. My IB was pretty bad, and for 2 weeks, I just wanted to die. Slowly it has gotten better, I have full confidence that my face will be close to 100% by the end of the course.

HOWEVER

My chest (all in between my pecs), my back (mostly upper) and shoulders are still all damned to hell. My shoulders have gotten a lot better but are scarred to oblivion, either bright red marks or purple marks. My chest is worse off than it was before I started (More wonderful red and purple marks) with 1 cyst still remaining with 2-3 other "normal" pimples. My back hasn't really improved at all, and is heavily scarred already. I still get painful cysts from about mid-back up to the bottom of my neck. And many many smaller pimples. The thing is, they ALL scar. My shoulders, my back, my chest. Almost everything has left some kind of a mark. Now I even have a cyst in my "jungle" What the hell? Seriously.

Although people can't see this horror, it still rapes my self-confidence, and is quite painful at times. I have to say accutane is working great on my face, but that's just part of the story here. I don't know how scarred my face is (I haven't looked in the mirror in about 2 years. If I did, I know I would die that day) but it feels a lot better.

Being held back from telling someone how you feel about them because of this hell that you can't even control is torture. I've already lost people because of the swiss cheese that is my self-esteem. I'm seriously counting on this crap to pull through where everything else has failed, but it's looking sort of grim right now.

I started accutane about 80 days ago, and my previously clear cheeks are now strewn with red marks, cysts-i never ever got them before, and SCARS.I could pick all i wanted before accutane and never did scar, now im scared physically and mentally.I've lost hope so many times i can barely even remember.But think about it accutane is already the strongest drug in the market, nothing will probably help if it doesnt

ive only been on accutaine for 37 days but Im getting worried as Im seeing no results :( just worsening of my acne all over my face....I feel the same I need this to clear up my skin becoz I just cant deal with acne any more

Hi!

I understand your thoughts. We all do. I just want to pass on words of encouragement to you. I know of two people that suffered from severe, very severe acne. My cousin had terrible cystic acne all over his face, neck and back. A good friend of mine suffered from a severe form of cystic acne all over his face. I'm sure he had it on his back and chest as well, but I never saw him without a shirt. In both of these guys, not one spot was untouched from a pimple or a cyst. My cousin always walked around with his long hair dangling in his face. My other friend grew his hair long as well to help hide his acne. They both went on Accutane and their skin is very beautiful today. In fact, my friend has been off of Accutane for nearly 10 years already and his skin looks as if it's never seen a pimple. As for my cousin, his skin looks flawless. He has his baby skin back and is looking fantastic.

Therefore, keep your chin up and your hopes high. I know it's hard to do at times, especially when you're having flare ups. But remember, Accutane works differently for everyone. Some people see results immediately, some people see results towards the middle part of the treatment, some people will only see results at the ends of their courses and some people will have a rollercoaster ride with breakouts throughout their treatment. Know that you will have your beautiful complexions oe day soon. It just takes some strong will to have that patience everyone needs when it comes to batteling acne. :)

ive only been on accutaine for 37 days but Im getting worried as Im seeing no results :( just worsening of my acne all over my face....I feel the same I need this to clear up my skin becoz I just cant deal with acne any more

Once again another person expecting to much from accutane too soon, it was like my mum on day 40, "why isn't your skin clear yet"

It is a miracle drug I reckon, but it doesn't work overnight, go read some logs, and you will see people still getting cysts and pimples on 80+ days.

Once again another person expecting to much from accutane too soon, it was like my mum on day 40, "why isn't your skin clear yet"

It is a miracle drug I reckon, but it doesn't work overnight, go read some logs, and you will see people still getting cysts and pimples on 80+ days.

I hear you there, but I'm on day 93 now and i still get cysts on my back chest and Now i got this wonderful thing bigger than gary coleman in my jungle

Only have about 3 pimples on my face tho. about normal size.