Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
awoodnymph

Starting CSR tomorrow - Here are some before pictures!

Hi, my name's Westie, I'm 20 years old and a junior in college. I've had acne since 4th grade (10 years). I've tried everything. All the OTC washes and treatments and ProActiv, plus Retin-A, minocycline, tetracycline, clindamycin, erythromycin...the list goes on and on. Oh, and I used to be on the pill and I now use NuvaRing (though I didn't get either for acne). None of it has worked. I really want Accutane but my mom can't afford to take me to a dermatologist. So, I figured I'd give this a try.

I'm the type of girl who absolutely HATES spending the night at anyone else's place because I feel like I have to sleep in makeup even though I know it's bad for my skin. And I know that the makeup will rub off during the night and I get afraid that a friend will see how bad my skin really is. I won't go under the water in lakes or pools because my makeup will rub off. When I'm done with the shower, I make sure my roommate isn't in the hallway so she won't see how bad my skin really is as I rush to my room.

I'm really surprised that I'm actually going to post pictures of my face without makeup on the internet, but I think that it might help me in some way. Here goes.

Straight on:

IPB Image

IPB Image

The really bad side:

IPB Image

IPB Image

The decent-ish side:

IPB Image

I really hope CSR works because, not to sound conceited or anything, I think that if I didn't have acne I'd be pretty good-looking. For example, this is a picture of me from early January:

IPB Image

The only makeup I had on was a little foundation to even out my skin and some loose powder. I don't know why my skin goes through such drastic cycles. The only changes in my life between then and now is that, back then, I was in Arizona for winter break and now I'm in Illinois for school. All I can think of is that maybe the water in AZ is better for my skin, or maybe the climate did something good for my skin. Who knows.

One of my major problems is that I pick at my face while I'm sleeping and don't realize I'm doing it. I wish I could just knock it off.

Anyway, I'm excited to start CSR and see what happens.

this is kinda corny, but I think you look really great even with the acne. I think it is easy to become hyper aware of an acne problem and think that that is all people are looking at. Even without make up your pics suggest your comfortable with yourself despite how your face may look or feel, and that's so important.

In any case, I wish you the best of luck with the regime and hope you get rid of your acne for good!

EDIT: I just saw you're going to use 10% BP. :X I'd really really really advise you to either get a 2.5% solution like the one offered on this site. I tried 10% BP one time and layers of my skin would come off, very nasty. :(

Ooooh I know that now, from reading lots of info on this site. I bought it about a month and a half ago but I only use it when I have a particular nasty pimple. I'm taking the bus to get some 2.5% BP tomorrow, though. No worries. :)

And thank you!

this is kinda corny, but I think you look really great even with the acne. I think it is easy to become hyper aware of an acne problem and think that that is all people are looking at. Even without make up your pics suggest your comfortable with yourself despite how your face may look or feel, and that's so important.

In any case, I wish you the best of luck with the regime and hope you get rid of your acne for good!

Aww, thank you. I definitely have some self-confidence, thankfully, despite my acne. I know that most people probably don't notice it as much as I do, but it's just a hassle to get all made up in the morning just to go to class when other people roll out of bed 5 minutes before class without having to worry at all about their skin. I'm just ready for it to be gooooone.

You drink alot of milk?

Not any more than the average person. I use it on my cereal in the morning (but don't drink it) and may have a glass once in a while if we're out of tea.

WOW!!!..

ok.. you're HOT!!..

imagine if all of those spots disappear.. and when combined with the confidence u have. u'd be GREAT..

well good luck with The regimen..

remember to STICK to it CLOSELY.. and to MOISTURISE!.. VERY IMPORTANT..

need any qns juz ask me.. i'd love to help. =)

Hello Westie!

Just wanted to wish you good luck with CSR, hopefully it will work for you.

I really hope CSR works because, not to sound conceited or anything, I think that if I didn't have acne I'd be pretty good-looking.

wishing you the BEST of luck!

let me just clarify your going to use 2.5% benzoyl peroxide?

because anything else is far too strong and wont help your skin at all

good luck an feel free to ask myself or any acne.org staff anything regarding the CSR etc :wub:

So I finally started the CSR. My chin is breaking out a little more than usual from the BP but I'm sure that'll stop eventually. It's going well so far. Also, I did my first aspirin mask last night and I LOVE it. I made my soon to be boyfriend, Derek, drive me to Walgreens so I could buy some aspirin and he was like, "If you have a headache, we can stop by my apartment and get ibuprofen" and I was like, "NOOOO I NEEEED ASPIRIN!" like I'm a druggie or something.

Anyway, thank all of you for your comments. You're all so nice. Things are going well and I'll keep you updated. :angel:

Hi awoodnymph, I wish you will recover soon and get beautiful clear skin, coz you're such a pretty girl even with the acne:)