Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
awoodnymph

Starting CSR tomorrow - Here are some before pictures!

Hi, my name's Westie, I'm 20 years old and a junior in college. I've had acne since 4th grade (10 years). I've tried everything. All the OTC washes and treatments and ProActiv, plus Retin-A, minocycline, tetracycline, clindamycin, erythromycin...the list goes on and on. Oh, and I used to be on the pill and I now use NuvaRing (though I didn't get either for acne). None of it has worked. I really want Accutane but my mom can't afford to take me to a dermatologist. So, I figured I'd give this a try.

I'm the type of girl who absolutely HATES spending the night at anyone else's place because I feel like I have to sleep in makeup even though I know it's bad for my skin. And I know that the makeup will rub off during the night and I get afraid that a friend will see how bad my skin really is. I won't go under the water in lakes or pools because my makeup will rub off. When I'm done with the shower, I make sure my roommate isn't in the hallway so she won't see how bad my skin really is as I rush to my room.

I'm really surprised that I'm actually going to post pictures of my face without makeup on the internet, but I think that it might help me in some way. Here goes.

Straight on:

IPB Image

IPB Image

The really bad side:

IPB Image

IPB Image

The decent-ish side:

IPB Image

I really hope CSR works because, not to sound conceited or anything, I think that if I didn't have acne I'd be pretty good-looking. For example, this is a picture of me from early January:

IPB Image

The only makeup I had on was a little foundation to even out my skin and some loose powder. I don't know why my skin goes through such drastic cycles. The only changes in my life between then and now is that, back then, I was in Arizona for winter break and now I'm in Illinois for school. All I can think of is that maybe the water in AZ is better for my skin, or maybe the climate did something good for my skin. Who knows.

One of my major problems is that I pick at my face while I'm sleeping and don't realize I'm doing it. I wish I could just knock it off.

Anyway, I'm excited to start CSR and see what happens.

Hey it may not help, but you can get cotton gloves to wear in your sleep, that are designed for going on over moisturiser. Maybe you could try some of those when you sleep because then your nails can't touch your face. I wear them to bed, but mainly because my hands gets soooo dry.

wishing you the BEST of luck!

let me just clarify your going to use 2.5% benzoyl peroxide?

because anything else is far too strong and wont help your skin at all :D

good luck an feel free to ask myself or any acne.org staff anything regarding the CSR etc :wub:

let me just clarify your going to use 2.5% benzoyl peroxide?

Yep! I'm taking the bus to Wal-mart/Target/somwhere in about an hour to pick it up, so all is well! :D

Wow you are pretty pretty i hope it works out for you =)

I've had it since 7th grade(am now junior) and have finally started using BP correcty (lol..) and now its working =). So good luck to you

Guest Sincerely_Me

Best of luck with the regimen, it's great! =)

My acne is similar to yours...a little less of it though. The regimen has helped control my skin so that I don't break out as much, and now I just have a lot of red marks that will take time to fade. I have been taking flaxseed oil and saw palmetto morning and night for a few months now and it's starting to kick in...no more cysts! Just dealing with pustules and papules now. Good luck to you. I'm sure it will help...you're very pretty...even without make-up.

And your acne doesn't leave scars or pigmentations?

I'm impressed how flawless your skin was before with no marks at all. And you said your acne goes in cycles, so I'm guessing its happened before.

I can really see the CSR working well for you. I wish all the best, don't give up, keep striving.

PS: You're beautiful! :)

I can really see the CSR working well for you. I wish all the best, don't give up, keep striving.

PS: You're beautiful! :)

Aww thank you. You totally look like Angelina Jolie in your avatar...

You are really beautiful, i love your eyes!

I also know the problem with picking my face at night. I also scratch the skin on my legs, because my skin is very dry there. Sometimes i wake up with scabs on my legs because I scratched so hard. I think I should try this glove thing. I shortened my fingernails to prevent me from scratching but i really miss them. Especially while trying to open a can or something . . .

Good luck with the CSR, i hope it will work for you.

I do that too!!!!!!! I'll be picking and not notice at ALL.

Anyway, you look wonderful! Your smile really lights up a room and you seem happy. I hope the CSR works for you!

So I finally started the CSR. My chin is breaking out a little more than usual from the BP but I'm sure that'll stop eventually. It's going well so far. Also, I did my first aspirin mask last night and I LOVE it. I made my soon to be boyfriend, Derek, drive me to Walgreens so I could buy some aspirin and he was like, "If you have a headache, we can stop by my apartment and get ibuprofen" and I was like, "NOOOO I NEEEED ASPIRIN!" like I'm a druggie or something.

Anyway, thank all of you for your comments. You're all so nice. Things are going well and I'll keep you updated. :angel:

get the aspirin from the $1 store or walmart and save!!

Ah! Next time I need to restock I'll make him take me to the dollar store right by his house! :dance: