Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strider1

Is Lac-Hydrin Five lotion better than the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion?

Ok so I think Im going to try one of these, whichever one people say is better. So do the aha, glycolic acids and all that stuff make your skin more sensitive to sunlight and by how much?

Thanks.

Personally, Lac Hydrin Five has been better than NHSF lotion because Neutrogena caused me to break out.

That said, Lac Hydrin Five contains lactic acid, which is a milder AHA than the glycolic acid in NHSF and may be easier to tolerate.

AHA's do make you slightly more sensitive to sunlight, but so does BP, so it is always good to wear at least an SPF 15 sunblock when going outside. For people that wear makeup, there are foundations (including mineral makeup) that provide an SPF of 15 or higher.

I agree with Shanky.

Lac-Hydrin Five has two advantages over NHSFL.

1. it is a milder AHA and thus easier tolerated.

2. it is fragrance free.

If you have sensitive skin, I would recommend Lac-Hydrin Five over NHSFL.

The only downside to LHF is that it doesn't have any spf, so you will need to take that into consideration.

well the regular neutro isn't so great because it is very strong and without tough skin it isn't gonna work out... the sensitive skin version is also okay (what i use) but not sure if it is that great mainly because it doesn't moisturize the greatest and i can't apply it twice a day cuz otherwise it is gonna probably irritate my skin and make it dry... im probably gonna try thatlac-hydrin 5 once my bottle of sensitive nhsfl runs out

I've never used the neutrogena, but lh5 is a very good moisturizer. It absorbs nicely, is gentle, and hydrates well. Like brandy said, you'll just have to keep in mind that it doesn't have spf.