Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Putatoe

Does toothpaste help acne?

Hi everybody. I've heard that putting on toothpaste on your acne every night before bed can help your acne dry up and disappear? Do you think or know if this works? :confused:

some people swear by it, but honestly, i really dont see it eliminating your acne.

i tried that... made my whole face SOOOOOO REEEEEEEEED .... and it HURTED LOOOOOTS .... so and it didnt help at all.... sunburn thats all... but quite itchy... fucidin helped me in a day though

I remember my biology teacher in highschool said it does..somehow the convo came up in class and I'm sitting there quietly feeling like shit because people who don't have acne went on about how it's a miracle. I tried it myself cause I was/am depesperate for it to go away. So to answer your question..no

toothpaste FRIES the zit..if you got a big zit and really want it reduced bad..but dont mind a mark..put toothpaste on the zit and put a band-aid over it..it will make the zit go down but you will have a red mark

Guest Sincerely_Me

Regular toothpaste (not the gel) seems to shrink zits.

Toothpaste can dry out pimples in theory, but toothpastes have so many ingredients in them now that they make things worse than better. I tried the toothpaste trick many times in high school and never had pimples go away any faster. Sometimes they got much worse, even. Between the flavorings, fluoride, dyes, and other ingredients, you're better off spot-treating with a 10% BP like Oxy than putting unknown irritants on an active zit. I honestly think that spot-treating is more psychological than actually effective, though. It feels good to put something on a zit, but in reality it makes little difference.

Whoever said that it was good for acne, I want to kick them in the butt! Toothpaste on acne= irritation+rsticky residue(thats HARD to wash off) +pore clogging+red mark prolonging+smelley+MADE THINGS WORSE..

Its a no no.