Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok idk where i was suppose to post this mayb it should of been in the emotional forum, but this is the only forum i posted in so o wells. my dad is kicking me out of his house, for threatening him with a knife, my whole life has gone to shit ever since the acne started, i dont wanna live anymore ive seriously tried hanging myself, i cut myself alot im soo fukin depressed, i mean i was having problems with depression allready i had to go to the hospital for it but when this happened i cant handle it anymore, just the fact of going through the rest of my life with these scars is sickening and i seriously dont think i will make it. i dont have any confidence whatsoever ive been hiding in my room for over 5 monthes, the thing of it is i wanna live life i just dont wanna live my life, and it really makes me sick to the stomach thinking of what i could have if i didnt get acne. im scared to die yet im scared to live idk wut to do, im gonna be out on the streets all by myself with less confident then ever, i really do believe death is one of my best options, if i do commit suicide i will make it clear it was because of my acne/scars, so at least this will make people understand how much scars can effect us and they will come out with a cure hopefully. im new to this forum but ive been looking at it without signing up for about 6 monthes, and i have to say u guys are the greatest people on the hole earth and i mean it, ur all very helpful to one another and its really good, idk where alot of us would be if it werent for this forum.

who else here has scars that are only visible in direct/shadow lights???im giving scarfade a chance to work and i needled the scars if this dont work then stuff is gonna happen.

jetermvp02, please, don't do anything radical! Do you have other family members you're close to? Mom, siblings, grandparents and so on? Do you have anyone you can talk to? A hotline for people in distress?

Can I ask how old you are?

Remember, we are all in the same boat and we're here to help eachother.

Hey there are alot of us who feel the same pain you do! Suicide is not an option, its selfish and weak... I had perfect skin, not even one zit until the age of 20, and now I have scars from a severe break out and accutane. I know exactly what you are going through! There are other things besides the way you look that are most important in life and I have since met many girls who dont seem to mind my scars, and i have also met many really pretty girls who have bad scars as well and it really doesnt bother me! You always have people to talk to who know how you feel! Who knows what new technologies will be available in the future, just look at the advnacements they have made in the past couple of years!! and just to let you know some of the best looking people in hollywood like brad pitt, camaron (spellin?) diaz, and many more have acne scars!!

I'm so sorry you are hurting.

I remember those awful feelings. It was a long time ago.

Even though it may not seem right now like life will ever be good, it can be VERY good.

You can get through this and have a great life.

yo listen to us... we're all here to help... my advice is to go appologize with your dad and sit down with him and have a heart to heart talk about why you did what you did to him, because he's the one who gave you life so as mad as he might be, he only want whats best for you. tell him how you feel, tell him how scars is destroying you inside and perhaps he can help, but by all means, think twice of what your going to do, you only have one life to live and i liek many here understand that life isn't fair but scars will help you build character and remember, with out the c in scars, you get sars, haha just a lil joke that hope to cheer u up (might not be that funny), but seriously add the T and you got stars... my derm told me, don't let whats on the outside affect whats on the inside, its whats in your heart that counts, and good luck.

You dont say what caused you to threaten your father with a knife.

If he is threatening to you in some way, then it may be best to be out of the house, but not on your own. You need family/friends support and family/friends that lend a sympathetic ear. If your relationship with your father is generally a good one, ans/or if he is a kind person who did not give you any reason to react so extreme then try to talk to him about what you are feeling right now. The thing is, he may not be equipped emotionally to handle what you tell him and may not understand, dont blame him or feel angry about that, its just a lack of knowledge on his part. If he says its not a big deal etc, tell him it is to you. Tell him these feelings are very real to you and that you need help.

Regarding your emotional well being and desperate feelings, you most definately need help with that, professional help. You dont say what age you are, but there are programmes and councillors for all ages, you just need to find out where. I know the last thing you probably want to do is talk about things, as im sure you just want 'action', but scar revision and acne WILL take time, what you need now is something to help you emotionally. You need someone to help you put in place a coping strategy when you feel overwhelmed or distressed about your skin. Look up local groups, go to your GP and ask for a referal, and/or find out anything you can and get yourself some help, you deserve to be strong and happy in life.

Then, whilst getting help for whats going on in the inside, look into what you can do for the outside and follow that slowly and with faith. Give yourself time to heal both emotionally and physically.

Keep safe and be strong, and let us know how you get on and if you are ok. x

Thanks to all of the people in this thread for some very insightful and honest answers. :wub:

Hi jetermvp02,

I am so very sorry to hear that you are having a very difficult time coping with acne, but please check with a counsellor on this issue. While you may voice various issues at this acne forum, we strongly feel this is not a suitable place to share suicidal thoughts with other members. I strongly encourage you to seek a professional assistance on this matter.

Information about professional assistance can be found here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=16184

Please stay strong. :pray: