Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Michael Jackson

my doc's opinion

Guest Michael Jackson

he tells me ten minutes is all i should spend because my face doesn't look that bad, because of the regimen. So basically he tells me to stop the regimen :wall: and buy some oxy 10 because % of bp don't matter to him. then he wants me to go back on retin a :wall:

I can't win :(

at least i got doxy out of the whole deal

Guest Michael Jackson

it's shitty when you feel like you know more

hm... Well I think if the way you were doing it before helped, how come you would need to change it? I don't think it would help if you stopped the csr though since the retina would probably make your acne worse for a while but I don't know if it would help at some momennt later if you tried to use it for a while.

he tells me ten minutes is all i should spend because my face doesn't look that bad, because of the regimen. So basically he tells me to stop the regimen :wall: and buy some oxy 10 because % of bp don't matter to him. then he wants me to go back on retin a :wall:

I can't win :(

at least i got doxy out of the whole deal

Have you been on ABs before. specifically doxy. I was on doxy a while back and it gave me a horrible constant stomach ache. but my friend's on doxy and has perfect skin and no stomach ache. so different things for different people.

Retin-A was my biggest nightmare, but it's not for all people.

I just went on a rant about hating doctors that need not be repeated here.

Goodluck with Doxy and don't put too much faith in that doc.

My skin started to improve when I threw their advise out the window.

The only thing a derm is good for is prescribing one Isotretenoin. I'm waiting for mine to either 1. die or 2. retire

He's old and senile and because of his fucking Retin-A my face is oily and my cheeks break out more.

How come in my city i come and buy isotretinoin? xD derms now days dont know the heck of acne..

MJ,

If you are getting the results you want with the CSR, then I would say just stick with it. Otherwise, it's up to you if you want to try your derms advice with the 10% BP and Retin-A, but imo, that is a recipe for dry peeling skin.

Good luck hon!

Guest Michael Jackson

MJ,

If you are getting the results you want with the CSR, then I would say just stick with it. Otherwise, it's up to you if you want to try your derms advice with the 10% BP and Retin-A, but imo, that is a recipe for dry peeling skin.

Good luck hon!

yeah that is pretty drying. I think i was using too much bp. therefore making applying bp and moiusterizing take forever.

Guest Sincerely_Me

Your derm would annoy me. Just do the regimen, if it helps, it helps. And Doxy...good stuff.

Have you tried Differin or another topical? Can you just request it? That's what I would do.

Guest Michael Jackson

retin a, left me with scars, but i used too much