Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jamie_h

Moisturize or continue with topical treatment?

Ive been on accutaine 1 month 6 days today, and my face is still really bad and my break out has made it worse than before, I have very few side effects, the worst thing is dry lips and thats only if i forget to apply my lip stuff. Anyway my skins not dry...thats not saying its oily any more....just theres no visible dryness or flaking excet for occasionaly very mild on my chin. The big question is...do I continue with my topical treatment and if so which, my duac cream or bp and hope that this gets rid of my acne faster? Or do I moisturize and hope that this returns my skin back to natural ph and helps to keep it under control without clogging pores? Please help :(

Theres no chance this may spark EVEN MORE BREAKING OUT? :( I relli cant deal with that at the moment its just getting me so down seeing my face not improving.

Anyway my skins not dry...thats not saying its oily any more....just theres no visible dryness or flaking excet for occasionaly very mild on my chin.

I took a whole course and was exactly like you never dry except occassionally on my chin. Only 80% of people experience dryness of skin so that's not everybody! As long as you are not oily which you can't be on accutane anyway even if you only like 10mg per day that stops oilness you are all good. And yes no topicals, just use Accutane!

since we're on this topic...

how 'dry' are we supposed to be feeling? would it be acceptable if it's just a tad of oil?

the thing is, i used to have extremely oily skin. Roc did decrease it but since i'm only on 20mg/day, the oil, although significantly reduced, still films my face at the end of the day, but very very mildly. i still get occassional pimples (big) and blackheads.

my derm told me i can either take 2 or continue taking 1 pill a day, up to me, if i feel it's not 'dry' enough.

but what's your experience on it? EXTREMLY DRY, comfortably dry, just a little oil as natural moisterizer or .. ?

thanks a mil

dont listen to them!!!

I tried using moisturizer insted of topicals and it made my face horrible lol...

try using something like the sulfer mask from proactiv , it works great for me to put on at night,

but stay away from harsh things like bp 10% and especially salytic acid, it makes things a mess