Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Dean*

Anxiety and Indecisive-ness

Hello, I'm Dean, and I'm a wishy-washy person. I'm rather indecisive sometimes. I always feel like I want to do something or go somewhere, and when I want to do that, it's just kind of impossible...I'm indecisive about a lot of things.

I'm an anxious person, too. I'm always curious, and I'm really cautious of everything, I'm a worry-ward, and I always have to keep my brain active doing something. A lot of the time, I NEED to play a video-game (Like Legend of Zelda, lots of puzzles/problems that I have to figure out) or I NEED to do a logic or long math problem. It makes me feel better sometimes, and I just HAVE to keep my brain active.

I also have a......I guess you could call it a "condition" (it's not a bad problem or anything) called Synesthesia. This is a "condition" where you associate numbers, letters, and colors all together. Some people see days and numbers on arranged lines in their head, or they associate numbers and days with colors. I know I do for sure...

Monday-White

Tuesday-Blue

Wednesday-Purple/Magenta

Thursday-Orange

Friday-Green

Saturday-Red, I guess......it's just kind of a weird color that I can't put my finger on

Sunday-Gold? Again, the weekends are hard for me to picture....but they're definately not black and white...they're in color.

Anyway, you might call me crazy, but go ahead and google it. It's a condition dealing with brain activity, and I think this contributes to my "problem" of being exceptionally good at logic, pretty good at figuring out math problems, and being anxious. Also, I can picture distinct sounds as shapes in my head, I do it constantly, everything has a shape if it makes a sound.

Anyway, could these brain conditions be contributing to my anxiety, and could my anxiety be contributing to my acne? I know that a lot of people have that condition lately (Synesthesia), more people have it than they did years before, and what do you know? I am pretty sure the rate of acne has gone up as well over the years.

Replies are appreciated.

I know absolutely nothing about your condition, but I do know that stress and all it's emotions can contribute to acne.

Your condition sounds fascinating, although I'm sure it troubles you at times.

I know absolutely nothing about your condition, but I do know that stress and all it's emotions can contribute to acne.

Your condition sounds fascinating, although I'm sure it troubles you at times.

Honestly, I thought everybody did things like associate colors and numbers and days, etc., but I found out they don't. =P I like the synesthesia part, it's fun, actually, I can boast about something that not everybody has. =D

But, about the anxiety, that part is annoying. I guess I'm kind of soft with a lot of things, unless it comes to things I think are downright wrong (Like my friend, a girl, said that my other friend, a guy, kicked her, so I went and gave him a slug to the shoulder, I hate the idea of guys hitting girls) but I try to keep my calm sometimes. But you may think all guys like killing movies with mass murderers and stuff like that...honestly, I don't. It makes me sick to even see something like a really sad movie with a ton of killings, I get angry and sad at the same time at stuff like that. I mean, I like war movies, but I don't know.......again, I'm indecisive. :lol:

But other than that, I've noticed I've been changing a lot in my attitude lately, it's getting better, but I'm still very impatient and angry about things for seemingly no reason. I always want to think about something really confusing, even though thinking about thigns and not being able to figure them out makes me angry..... :wall:

Nevermind, I've truly lost it now. :doh: