Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AEBernero23

Makeup Help For Dry Acne Prone Skin

I have dry skin. I know that sounds crazy. But I have moderate, inflammed acne and dry skin. All the suggestions for makeup that I've read are for folks with oily skin who want to control oil production. If I put concealor or foundation on my face that is made for oily skin then it accents all the flakes and lines, but if I use concealor or foundation for dry skin it breaks me out!!!! Uggggggg -- Does anyone have the same problem and what do you use to cover your acne? Thanks for the help!!!! :D

mineral make up!!!!!!

for www.everydayminerals.com , either their original glow or semi-matte should do it.... and I don't get the lines around my mouth or anywhere now, plus it doesn't look like crap, even after a whole day or night! It feels weightless cuz you have close to nothing on with great coverage!!!

Guest Sincerely_Me

Mineral make up is the best. I use L'Oreal Bare Naturale although I have used the other stuff like BE and EM. Didn't like either too much. I may try Joppa next with all the raves I hear.

I have dry acne prone skin too!

For makeup i use this stuff from Mabelline that is mostly water based and i mix that with a tiny dab of my moisturizer to go on smoother.

If you're low on cash and can't afford to buy any new foundation. You can mix a tiny bit of foundation in with your regular moisturizer then apply with a makeup sponge. It'll look less cakey and duh won't dry out your skin.