Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whiteh

Cleanser really matter THAT much?

Does the cleanser you use on the regimen really matter that much. Can you just use any gentle, non-antibacterial cleanser? Because its the benzoyl peroxide which does the job on the regimen and cleansing is just preparing your skin for the benzoyl'.

That's pretty much correct.

As long as your cleanser is gentle, nonmedicated, nonscrubby, etc. it should be fine. Also as long as it rinses clean and doesn't leave a residue too. And if you have oily skin and/or wear makeup, you want to be sure your cleanser actually cleans your skin well.

You want your skin to be ready for BP by being clean (without residue or residual oil/gunk on your skin). But pretty much it is the BP that will get you clear.

Yeh lol NON antibacterial. I just thought id bring it up because buying the cleanser from America every time is going to cost a fortune, i dont mind the benzoyl because thats more or less a must. I was thinking of getting a cleanser along the lines of the Nivea For Men Sensitive Face Wash - says it's soap free and fragrance free and obviously non-medicated and all that :P