Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

I broke down crying at work today.

My ex called me and wanted to get together just for a coffee or something, as a friend just to catch up on things. He hasnt seen me since I broke out and I feel hideous, I dont want him to see me like this. He called last night and this morning everything came flooding over me and I started balling in my office at work. Acne has chnaged my life to the point where I cant enjoy anything anymore. I cant even go for coffee with an old friend, I cant go to family gathering because I'm afraid of what they will say to me :(. I wont go out with my friends... and my 21st birthday is coming up and I dont even want to do anything for it, I just want to sit at home and cry. I really hate my life right now... anyway, sorry just had to vent, thank-you.

Sorry to hear how you're feeling and sorry for what I am about to say, so don't get offended. But you are a classic case to say the least of people with acne not wanting to face the world. And I am too. The truth is that life has taught me things that are far worse. This you've probably heard before, but I'm gonna remind you again. There are far worser things to worry about than your acne. I know it is probably hard for you to see that because, God forbid, you've probably haven't had anything majorly traumatizing that would call your attention away from petty things like your acne and an old flame. Life gave me a lot of loops and catches that I now have to figure how to weave myself out of--things far more worse than acne and now my health is at stake. Doesn't mean I don't think about my acne anymore, but now my focus is on other things. The facts are the facts. You either decide to see him or you don't and no matter what your decision will be you will still have acne in the end and life will go on, so what is the point? What is the difference in the end? None, in my opinion. That you're ex will judge your face, you say? Well, that is why he is your ex, isn't it? I don't know you it's true, but it almost sounds as if you may still have a slight fixation on him still if how you look in front of him is that troubling for you?...Think about it.

I'm not trying to sound cruel, but just to give you a heads up. My point is that you have to conform to life because life won't conform to you and you either decide things or you don't, but the end point won't matter because life will continue with or without you. It's your choice whether you want to be a part of it.

Sorry to hear how you're feeling and sorry for what I am about to say, so don't get offended. But you are a classic case to say the least of people with acne not wanting to face the world. And I am too. The truth is that life has taught me things that are far worse. This you've probably heard before, but I'm gonna remind you again. There are far worser things to worry about than your acne. I know it is probably hard for you to see that because, God forbid, you've probably haven't had anything majorly traumatizing that would call your attention away from petty things like your acne and an old flame. Life gave me a lot of loops and catches that I now have to figure how to weave myself out of--things far more worse than acne and now my health is at stake. Doesn't mean I don't think about my acne anymore, but now my focus is on other things. The facts are the facts. You either decide to see him or you don't and no matter what your decision will be you will still have acne in the end and life will go on, so what is the point? What is the difference in the end? None, in my opinion. That you're ex will judge your face, you say? Well, that is why he is your ex, isn't it? I don't know you it's true, but it almost sounds as if you may still have a slight fixation on him still if how you look in front of him is that troubling for you?...Think about it.

I'm not trying to sound cruel, but just to give you a heads up. My point is that you have to conform to life because life won't conform to you and you either decide things or you don't, but the end point won't matter because life will continue with or without you. It's your choice whether you want to be a part of it.

nice. "He called last night and this morning everything came flooding over me and I started balling in my office at work." try not to put to much importance on it. since your a girl you can always wear makeup. hey maybe he broke out too, you never know. if seeing this dude makes you cry just from the thought maybe it would be best not to see him at all, but you might really regret it later. your a girl youll come up with something crazy, girls always do. :) Hey im turning 21 in about 2 months too. :D

:comfort: things could be worse, tdot :)

think positive, it's the only way!!

you should be glad you had a boyfriend =/ unlike me :)

i felt the same way when i saw a few schoolmates from gradeschool during college. i avoided them, hoping that they wouldnt recognize me.

i always wish i can carry myself well & with so much confidence as if there is nothing at all that bothers me. but it does help to make me feel better when i think that this skin problem is just a temporary challenge and that im on the right path to restoring healthy skin and so sooner or later my skin will heal.

You're a beautiful young woman, tdot. I'm sure your ex and family know that. I believe your family and your ex will understand your bout with acne. It's uncontrollable at times, but your family and relatives will only ask in concern for you. They will say something, but only to help you. Why suffer by yourself when you can have others care for your well-being too?

I hope your life will get better. Chin up and don't give up. Have confidence in your abilities and personality :)

Guest No Pride

You are one gorgeous looking woman, you have nothing to hide. Get out there and strut your stuff so guys like me can try and charm you and fail miserably. ;)

It just goes to show you folks, even beautiful people can have emotional difficulties. Your success depends on how you feel inside, not so much what is on the outside. Whats going on inside REALLY IS what counts. Good looking people can have it bad many times since they are expected to be hot at all times. Again, you are a beautiful woman and whoever doesnt like you because of acne on your face is not worth your time anyways. Your time should be more invested in going out with guys like me, because we need lovin' too. :wub:

Thanks so much for replying guys... I know I shouldnt complain and I should be thank-full for what I have. I am just so tired of feeling low on myslef. Acne is so restricting, I cant eat what I want cant do what I want cant be myself. Doesnt anyone feel like their life ended when acne began??? That is the way I feel and it's really hard to live my life with that mindset. You are all wonderfull people who have made an impact on my life believe it or not. Sometimes when I read your posts, I cry because I know your pain... I know we are all supposed to "suck it up" and live life to the fullest, but I think we all know how difficult that is sometimes. Again thank-you so much for your replies and compliments it's really nice to hear these things, I wish I could meet you all.

My ex called me and wanted to get together just for a coffee or something, as a friend just to catch up on things. He hasnt seen me since I broke out and I feel hideous, I dont want him to see me like this. He called last night and this morning everything came flooding over me and I started balling in my office at work. Acne has chnaged my life to the point where I cant enjoy anything anymore. I cant even go for coffee with an old friend, I cant go to family gathering because I'm afraid of what they will say to me :(. I wont go out with my friends... and my 21st birthday is coming up and I dont even want to do anything for it, I just want to sit at home and cry. I really hate my life right now... anyway, sorry just had to vent, thank-you.

My 21st birthday was on september 18th and i did absolutely nothing to celebrate it except for going to school. Not encouraging you to do the same but just so that you know that you wouldn't have been alone to skip your 21st birthday.

EVERYTHING you wrote is exactly what i feel, more so FELT... let me explain.

My names Lexi and im 20 years old. My minor acne turned into moderate/severe acne in less than a month. Since July this year up untill recently i have felt so much anger and just plain SHIT because of it! From a happy, chirpy girl that absolutely loves going out, i ended up being home-bedded because i was so ashamed of people seeing me. Just like you, I totally stopped going out with friends even if it was just for coffee - i would always come up with an excuse and then id breakdown crying cause im stuck at home repeatedly asking myself "Why me"? My acne basically stretches out from ear to chin on both sides of my face.

I know exactlyhow you feel in regards to meeting up with your ex. I had the same problem but it was actually with my boyfriend (which im currently still with), He used to call me asking if he could come over and immediately i would think "ohh my skin, now im going to have to cover it up so he doesnt see much of it.. im going to have to pretend i feel NORMAL", etc. It would just turn me off so i would come up with some excuse and it killed me being home alone, you only have time to think, and you know of what....-how miserable we feel with our acne and how its changed our life.

Another thing in common with you is my 21st birthday is next month and for that reason i started taking Roaccutane (early september) hoping it would clear it atleast 50% so i can actually enjoy MY 21st!! Before i recieved my roaccutane medication i would cry myself to sleep, i would look in the mirror hour after hour hoping to see something that wasnt there (clear skin). My relationship with my parents and boyfriend changed instantly!! I would communicate much less, i couldnt eat properly, id always try be alone where ever i am so i have my mind at ease that noone is looking at me. I even used to cancel some of my work shifts because i wake up in the morning and think, ohh myy god this is bad and i cant be bothered covering it up with cosmetics. All in all, everything had just changed, my life turned upside down.. im sure you understand. I would never leave my house without covering my face with atleast a bit of powder, i dont use foudation even if it is oil-free YUCK! but my skin was and kind of still is at the point where not even make up can cover it. It took SO much effort for me to leave the house with no makeup just to visit the dermatologist. I even felt self concious infront of a doctor that helps bad skin conditions, so you can imagine how i felt just seeing my friends and boyfriend. When i think about it, i think us acne sufferers in general dont seem to go out as much or at all for that matter, not only because of their bad skin but also with the thought of wanting your friends to remember you as you WERE - with nicer skin.

Anyway, its my 16th day on roaccutane and im experiencing a little bit of dryness in the lips but no improvement in my skin condition as of yet. I got over most of the above, dont get me wrong.. i still feel crap time to time, but somehow and for some reason i was forced to get out of the house and i DID see my friends and it was plain nice.. i came home teary and thinking - that wasnt so bad! and noone even mentioned anything or looked at me differently. From that night i definately started the healing process and slowly id slither my way back into my old routine. One thing ive learnt hun is the more you hide the more painful it is. It does speak for itself but sometimes confirmation helps. I know you probably feel so demotivated to get ready to go out somwhere cause no matter how hot your outfit is, you look terrible, but i promise you will get passed that. and as soon as you do im sure you will see improvement in your skin. I found the more i stressed the more breakouts i would get.

One more thing!! I personally like to discuss my bad skin to random people. Either friends, relatives or workmates. I'm like " Friggen hell, look at my skin!! its out of control and itsd pissing me off" and you'd be suprised what responses you get back. I had a few people i never thought had acne in their life tell me what helped them through it etc. You just feel better GETTING IT OUT THERE :)

HAHA @ my novel of a reply. But since your situation was so much like mine, i felt that i needed to tell you what i did. I dont know if you are on it or are considering going on roaccutane but ive been on it just over 2 weeks and im keeping a journal with weekly entries and photos to see how the progress is coming along. If you want to email me just to talk, you can!! believe me, i just have my heart out there for anyone going through acne and i would commit myself to helping them as long as it takes, because i WISH i had someone to talk to when i was feeling really low.

All the best hun! chin up, your not alone, and believe me people dont see your acne as bad as you see it :)

email: [email protected]

EVERYTHING you wrote is exactly what i feel, more so FELT... let me explain.

My names Lexi and im 20 years old. My minor acne turned into moderate/severe acne in less than a month. Since July this year up untill recently i have felt so much anger and just plain SHIT because of it! From a happy, chirpy girl that absolutely loves going out, i ended up being home-bedded because i was so ashamed of people seeing me. Just like you, I totally stopped going out with friends even if it was just for coffee - i would always come up with an excuse and then id breakdown crying cause im stuck at home repeatedly asking myself "Why me"? My acne basically stretches out from ear to chin on both sides of my face.

I know exactlyhow you feel in regards to meeting up with your ex. I had the same problem but it was actually with my boyfriend (which im currently still with), He used to call me asking if he could come over and immediately i would think "ohh my skin, now im going to have to cover it up so he doesnt see much of it.. im going to have to pretend i feel NORMAL", etc. It would just turn me off so i would come up with some excuse and it killed me being home alone, you only have time to think, and you know of what....-how miserable we feel with our acne and how its changed our life.

Another thing in common with you is my 21st birthday is next month and for that reason i started taking Roaccutane (early september) hoping it would clear it atleast 50% so i can actually enjoy MY 21st!! Before i recieved my roaccutane medication i would cry myself to sleep, i would look in the mirror hour after hour hoping to see something that wasnt there (clear skin). My relationship with my parents and boyfriend changed instantly!! I would communicate much less, i couldnt eat properly, id always try be alone where ever i am so i have my mind at ease that noone is looking at me. I even used to cancel some of my work shifts because i wake up in the morning and think, ohh myy god this is bad and i cant be bothered covering it up with cosmetics. All in all, everything had just changed, my life turned upside down.. im sure you understand. I would never leave my house without covering my face with atleast a bit of powder, i dont use foudation even if it is oil-free YUCK! but my skin was and kind of still is at the point where not even make up can cover it. It took SO much effort for me to leave the house with no makeup just to visit the dermatologist. I even felt self concious infront of a doctor that helps bad skin conditions, so you can imagine how i felt just seeing my friends and boyfriend. When i think about it, i think us acne sufferers in general dont seem to go out as much or at all for that matter, not only because of their bad skin but also with the thought of wanting your friends to remember you as you WERE - with nicer skin.

Anyway, its my 16th day on roaccutane and im experiencing a little bit of dryness in the lips but no improvement in my skin condition as of yet. I got over most of the above, dont get me wrong.. i still feel crap time to time, but somehow and for some reason i was forced to get out of the house and i DID see my friends and it was plain nice.. i came home teary and thinking - that wasnt so bad! and noone even mentioned anything or looked at me differently. From that night i definately started the healing process and slowly id slither my way back into my old routine. One thing ive learnt hun is the more you hide the more painful it is. It does speak for itself but sometimes confirmation helps. I know you probably feel so demotivated to get ready to go out somwhere cause no matter how hot your outfit is, you look terrible, but i promise you will get passed that. and as soon as you do im sure you will see improvement in your skin. I found the more i stressed the more breakouts i would get.

One more thing!! I personally like to discuss my bad skin to random people. Either friends, relatives or workmates. I'm like " Friggen hell, look at my skin!! its out of control and itsd pissing me off" and you'd be suprised what responses you get back. I had a few people i never thought had acne in their life tell me what helped them through it etc. You just feel better GETTING IT OUT THERE :)

HAHA @ my novel of a reply. But since your situation was so much like mine, i felt that i needed to tell you what i did. I dont know if you are on it or are considering going on roaccutane but ive been on it just over 2 weeks and im keeping a journal with weekly entries and photos to see how the progress is coming along. If you want to email me just to talk, you can!! believe me, i just have my heart out there for anyone going through acne and i would commit myself to helping them as long as it takes, because i WISH i had someone to talk to when i was feeling really low.

All the best hun! chin up, your not alone, and believe me people dont see your acne as bad as you see it :)

email: [email protected]

hey lexia, welcome aboard! now dont feel so bad coz that tane has just started kickin in! the dryness of the lips was also my first side-effect. i absolutely hate oilyness. come visit the accutane log message boards. you can create your log so you can share your progress with us. :) it'll be fun. there's a huge number of really helpful and nice people in here. good luck with your treatment. :)

hey lexia, welcome aboard! now dont feel so bad coz that tane has just started kickin in! the dryness of the lips was also my first side-effect. i absolutely hate oilyness. come visit the accutane log message boards. you can create your log so you can share your progress with us. :) it'll be fun. there's a huge number of really helpful and nice people in here. good luck with your treatment. :)

Hey!! :)

no no im not feeling bad, im feeling better. and weird to say this but im glad im getting the side effects because i know it is working. I hear it clears up around 50% in two months, if thats true for my case, id be over the moon hehehe.

i was almost completely clear at the end of my second month! :D i didnt go through any initial breakout either.

i feel ya.

ive missed out sooo much becuz of this

ive always had soo much fun in my life and been out socializing practially every day. Its my Junior Year summer in high school and i just feel like honestly dying becuz of this acne. It started near the end of the school year and i jus thought well no big itl be summer and i will be clear in a week tops.

its been almost 2 months of the summer now and im not clear..im actually worse. Im now at a moderatly severe stage and i cant even manage mild acne. Its almost unreal wen i look in a mirror It just seems so unreal how this could happen to me. and how i cant do anything. My friends and girls are always calling and texting. I never go out though becuz of my face now. NO ONE has seen me like this so i jus panic and dont go out. I hate this soooo fuckin much! HOW HARD IS IT TO MAKE A MIRACLE CURE! DAMN! i bet they just wont make one becuz u wont make money unless the people keep coming back. (example: Proactive makes u break out wen u get clear so u keep buying it. Genius). Im such a social person to that i have dropped to full out depression. Ive pretty much lost all my friends...for sure no longer popular...ppl think im an anti social wreck or something.

Friends arnet even calling anymore becuz they know i wont go out. WHEN WILL THIS FUCKING CLEAR.. my summers going to be over and i havnt even gone out cuz im waiting to be clear.. or a little relief at least!!! if school comes and im not clear suicide will definently be popping in my head.. this isnt something i can handle.. my parents both almost dying was dam hard. My grades slipping from As to Cs was damn hard. Cutting food and drinks out was damn hard. No longer gettin fucked up and partying with friends was damn hard. Losing my own confidnet self was damn hard

losing my life to a simple thing as Acne. Is more than damn hard

Dude... All those people that you "feel", they posted those comments two years ago. You just resurrected a thread.

i feel the exact same i've had moderately severe acne for

about 2 years now and i am completely depressed and have

become a social leper.

i hate my skin, i sometimes just want to die.

and it seems when it starts getting better it becomes a whole

lot worst. even my parents continuously comment on how

bad my skin looks.

if anyone has a miracle cure tell me, i can't take much of this any longer.

i have already tried basically everything, and fuck proactive thats shit.

Aw. :'( Sorry to hear you're feeling like this. I think you should catch up with your ex, he obviously likes you as a person and likes your personality and wants to remain friends. Appearance should have nothing to do with the fact he wants to be your friend still and you shouldn't let acne get in the way of something like that. Try to talk to someone to get your emotions out rather than keeping it all bottled up and then releasing it at work. Perhaps try talking to your family or friends. I don't have any other suggestions other than that but I hope you feel better about yourself soon. :)

Oh, I've totally had this exact dilemma several, several times throughout my life.

My acne seems to almost be seasonal and it clears almost completely only to break out horribly a few months later. I also frequently travel back and forth between the town where I attend college and my hometown.

As you can imagine, during one of these bad breakouts, whenever I'm going back home or back to school, I dread seeing people that last saw me with nearly flawless skin.

You want to know what I've noticed, though?

Usually, I'm the only one that even cares that skin has gotten any worse.

Also, I'm really good at applying corrective makeup, so most people don't even notice a change.

My advice is to just relax, know that you're doing all you can do to clear your skin, maybe explore some new things if old stuff isn't working, apply nice makeup, style your hair, wear pretty jewelry/clothes/etc, and just smile and look people in the eye as if nothing is wrong.

People aren't going to zoom in on your flaws the way you do when you look in a mirror. It's true even though it's a cliche, but they're all too concerned about their own flaws.

If you act like you aren't worried about your skin, no one else will be worried about it either.

Thread necromancy, it's an well practiced by the bored board member.....

Actually, what usually happens is a new member goes through the backpages of a forum (using the page numbers at the bottom left side of the screen), finds a thread they find interesting, and reply to it. It's pretty forgiveable, actually, and fairly normal. It's only when it's a bunch of inflammatory or argumentative threads dragged up that really annoy me.