Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alpha_male

clogged pores

what is the best way of uncloging pores? is exfoliating any good? i hered if you exfoliate it does smooth your skin but can make it more oily hence more chance of whitheads appearing

i used to exfoliate for a long time using st ives sensitive skin back in january 2006 but i stoped cause i hered on here that it wasnt a good idea to exfoliate. but a couple of months later i started to develop small milia type acne on my cheeks so now im not sure was this the cause of exfoliating? or because i stoped?

bear in mind that during that time i was abroad in a hot and humid country when my skin developed small bumps

It's not part of the csr, but when I started using apple cider vinegar as a toner it worked wonders for my pores and blackheads. I use it straight, but most people need to dilute it. Start with 25/75 acv/water. Most people use 50/50. I worked my way to using it straight to control my oil more, but once I see a difference I may add a little water. It does stink to high heaven, but once it dries the smell goes away.

what is the best way of uncloging pores? is exfoliating any good? i hered if you exfoliate it does smooth your skin but can make it more oily hence more chance of whitheads appearing

i used to exfoliate for a long time using st ives sensitive skin back in january 2006 but i stoped cause i hered on here that it wasnt a good idea to exfoliate. but a couple of months later i started to develop small milia type acne on my cheeks so now im not sure was this the cause of exfoliating? or because i stoped?

bear in mind that during that time i was abroad in a hot and humid country when my skin developed small bumps

I think you might have misunderstood. You have to exfoliate. A gentle scrub with beads is one way. Or you could use something with AHA or BHA. Like salicylic acid, or glycolic acid or lactic acid, to name a few. Apricot scrubs can raise all kinds of hell on your skin. I don't trust st.ive's. But that's just me. But definitely avoid anything that can list apricot pits as a key ingredient.