Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I do not recommend CO2 laser resurfacing unless you are confident that you have chosen a qualified doctor to perform for this procedure. I underwent this procedure 5 years ago for an acne scar on my left cheek. The CO2 laser and the board certified plastic surgeon who performed the procedure assured me excellent results. That was a blantant lie.

The result was an atrophic (indented) scar about 2 inches in diameter. The scar was saucer shaped and red in color. It was so ugly. I hated looking in the mirror and makeup couldn't even cover it up.

Too make a long story short, I've been treating my scar and the rest of my face with microdermabrasion, non-ablative laser treatments including pulsed dye, smoothbeam, and IPL (intensed pulse light). All of these treatments have contributed to my recovery during the past 2 years.

I hope whoever reads this benefits from my experience. God bless you all.

Thanks for reminding me about CO2. Having heard all these bad stories about it,k I don't think that I ever want to try it, even if I have the time and money. It seems so invasive and there is too much you need to do before and afterhand to take care of your skin. $4000 to make your face worse than it is now is not something one should consider.