Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone! I will apalogize right now, because I am sure that everyone has asked these questions before..I just can't seem to narrow down the 600 or so pages to get the right info. Well, I am starting accutane in about 2 weeks...very excited!!! But I have very, very sensitive skin. (borderline Rosacea) So I am a little bit concerned about the dryness factor that usually comes with taking accutane. I know that there are a couple vitamins/oils that you can take (or can you take vitamins orally while on accutane) Anyone have any advise? Also...what is a really good moisturizer for sensitive skin? Any help would be great. I really appreciate how helpful everyone is. THANKS!!

For a moisturizer, go with either Cetaphil or Purpose. They're very gentle, non-comedogenic, and quite effective.

You can take vitamins, but not pre-formed Vitamin A since this increases the toxicity of isotretinoin. I advise people to take fish oil (NOT cod liver oil) to prevent or reduce the joint pain often associated with Accutane.

*looks in pill box*

I'm currently taking 10-13 pills a day, most to combat the side effects from accutane.

1000mg flaxseed oil

1000mg primrose oil

Vit B complex

Vit E 800 IU (a MUST)

Kids multi vitamin with low vit A (flintstones, lol)

Use cetaphil and dove for soap (if anything, you can use just water too)... I use complex 15 for my face when it's dry but there's a few good ones out there.