Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steve321

Biore Strips.. Do they work for Blackheads on the nose?

ive been having problems with blackheads on my nose for quite some time now.. Do these things work?

and for those who have had success with black heads.. what has worked the best for you?

Hmm...

From what I've heard, they might get the surface stuff out, but not anything deeper. They never really solved the problem for me, anyway.

I had a facial, and that got rid of the majority of them -- I assume that you could extract them at home, but I've never tried it...

-kristin

Steve - here is the trick: use extra virgin olive oil - rub gently all around blackheads - wash off after 10/20 minutes - do this twice a day if you can.

Olive oil simply melts the clooged up sebum - do this for a couple of weeks and you (fingers crossed) should become blackhead free.

I got the exact same problem Steve. Do you have a lot of black dots right?

Im going to try this virgin oil thing it sounds good, i really do hope it does melt all these black dots on my nose and some of the ones on my cheeks. Thanks for sharing this with us Maya biggrin.gif

The strips didn't work for me. Never tried the olive oil thing myself. What cleared my blackheads up almost completely is tazorac, exfol serum and super cp serum...

Yep, on the nose, the sides of the nose and somewhat on the chin (mostly whiteheads there). I tell you in all my years of fighting this stuff...I find the three things I mentioned to be absolutely the best.

My derm told me tazorac is the best thing ever for blackheads. I used retin-A for years, but switched to tazorac just over a year ago.

Guest Cubsfan

biore pore strips only gets rid of existing blackheads. the best time to use these strips is right after a hot shower, cause the hot water opens up your pores then you place the strip on for about 1/2 hour when its all hard against your skin then rip it off and you'll see all these yellow pin-prick things on their....ahhh...if feels so darn good when you see a whole bunch of em stuck on the strip. only do this once a week though cause if you do any more the biore pore strip will open up pores that weren't even clogged in the first place, then dirt and stuff can enter into it.

As a rule of thumb, if your nose is oily you will continue to get blackheads.

Where would i be able to get tazorac from? I know i can get the Super CP and Exfol serum from some site, but tazorac :-s

Where would i be able to get tazorac from? I know i can get the Super CP and Exfol serum from some site, but tazorac  :-s

Ill go and visit my doctor tomorrow and ask him, i do hope its alright for my skin type. Is tazorac quite a harsh product? If it isnt it should be alright for my skin

By the way what did these 3 products do for you? Did it melt the blackheads?

Yes, those 3 products have pretty much gotten rid of my blackheads and my pores have shrunken tremendously.

ps. Tazorac can be harsh on your skin, talk to your doc and if you can use it, you may want to start on a low dose and work your way up to a stronger one.

Im going to do this... im going to try the extra virgin olive oil and see how it goes and if it doesnt work then ill try out tazorac. Im not even quite sure whether we get tazorac here in england coz i just read how retin-a is not here :-s

ok great.. I have Tazorac actually.. My Dr gave me a Million samples of Tazorac, so i need to start using that most consistently..I hear its actually stronger then Retin A therefore maybe more effective in scar revising

i use the Biore strips about once a week, I get blackheads on the sides of my nostrils and the strips work pretty good for me. They will not extract everything but I do see noticable improvement

Im going to do this... im going to try the extra virgin olive oil and see how it goes and if it doesnt work then ill try out tazorac. Im not even quite sure whether we get tazorac here in england coz i just read how retin-a is not here  :-s

Do you know any cream, serum or antibiotic or anything that will get rid of blackheads? Cause I am going to my derm tommorow. So I would like to ask him for a perscription if these products are not selling over the counter.

Thanks

Danny

PS: especially antibiotics. Thanks again.