Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beany

makeup/oily skin

does anybody know why i never have oily skin unless i wear makeup? lol this is weird to me because isnt makeup supose to kinda absorb oil? thanks

that is what i have found too. my makeup makes me look oily, but i really am not without it.. aah.and yes its liquid foundation too.

im going to order joppa as well as soon as a i figure out what colour, and i really really hope it covers and doesnt make me oily=)

I use everydayminerals foundation and my skin doesn't look oily anymore, even after like 10 hours having it on! I use their 'semi-matte' one.

Best thing is it's free to try their samples!

Guest Sincerely_Me

I found that now with my new regimen, if I use moisturizer under make up, it's a disaster...if not, I'm good all day.

yeah.. i used to put moisturizer all over my face even though my makeup looked oily.

cut it down to using it only in a few places or dont use it at all!

I use everyday minerals foundation in semi-matte, it doesn't help me at all with my oilyness, so I just ordered the matte foundation, hopefully it will be much better

I found that now with my new regimen, if I use moisturizer under make up, it's a disaster...if not, I'm good all day.

When I used moisturizer (Cetaphil's ) in the day my skin would look shiny right away, even with mineral makeup. I went back to jojoba oil in the morning under makeup which works SO well with the mineral makeup. I can go all day with blotting my face only once (I used to have to blot almost every hour!).

At night I still use Cetaphil's moisturizer cuz it keeps my BP related flakiness away completely & jojoba oil only keeps it at bay for maybe 8 hours. So for me, once a day with a regular moisturizer is enough to be rid of flakiness & jojoba oil in the morning keeps me much less shiny under makeup. Now if those pesky zits & red marks would just go away :rolleyes: