Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
barsonly1

did anyone see the tyra banks show?

she did a show all about skin. omg i love her. and they were talking about everything. and they had this girl with really bad acne and how her life was controlled by it. omg i felt so touched. i felt her pain. its about time someone did a show about this. go tyra!

I hope she does a show about abnormally large penises. Not that I have one, but I do…

The show itself was okay but they made this big deal about Tyra's secret beauty treatment for skin which turned out to be...dun dun dun...Vaseline! :dance: I mean, if she really thinks that Vaseline is going to help people with ANY skin problems other than a little dryness she is crazy. Obviously she has never dealt with difficult skin issues herself.

I SAW THAT one :)

I couldn't stop crying..espchilly at how her boyfriend was crying..it was just lovely to see.

I really felt for her..meaning I "know whats it like" kinda feeling. But still, as soon as I saw her(even with her blemishs) I thought she was very pretty. And those comments that were said to her at work....goodness that was AWFULL.. People make me so mad sometimes..

Oh and "apparently" vaseline isn't going to clog your pores, or cause skin problems.

Frankly Black or partial Blacks do vaseline and cocoa butter.

Fact. They have wayyy differnt skin. That's all. :hand:

Found some info on the episode..

"Imagine having acne that was so bad, it ruled your life and crushed your self-esteem! Mandy was 24 years old and suffered from chronic acne. The stares and cruel comments she endured from strangers left her afraid to leave the house. She spent thousands of dollars on various treatments, yet nothing worked. Tyra sent Mandy to meet with top dermatologist, Dr. Ava Shamban, so she could feel as beautiful on the outside as she was on the inside"

"Dermatologist Dr. Amy Wechsler joined Tyra to dish the dirt on acne! The first myth she debunked was that acne came from greasy foods like pizza or chocolate. She said acne was the result of sebum, which is skin’s natural oil. Tyra confessed she loved to pop big whiteheads and asked an audience member to join her on stage so she could learn the proper way to pop a pimple. Dr. Wechsler said people should not squeeze acne, but since a lot of them do, she demonstrated the right way to do it. She also stressed the importance of sunscreen and said all skin types experienced sunburn, including people of color."

Don't bother, it was dumb. All they did was put makeup on the girl with the bad acne. The rest of the show was Tyra showcasing her craziness.

i was just happy someone did some kind of show. and tyra is always so funny to me. like i couldnt stop laughing. even though she did tell people to eat pizza and chocolate(which some of us know is a big no-no), it was good all around.

Yea, the girl with acne needed treatment from inside out with Accutane or at least topicals. That laser tx. wont last long. They had to do some kind of dermatological treatment on film to act like they are helping her. You cant clear her up in one visit. Tyra who has clear skin is full of shit with shows like this. That girl is back to square one sitting at home with face full of acne right now.

Guest No Pride

I hope she does a show about abnormally large penises. Not that I have one, but I do…

lol no offense but I know a lot of ladies that like, and get off on, somewhat thick average sized penises (6-7") and dont want a large guy. Large penises are just for show and for women with huge booties. Most females dont want to bleed and get hurt during sex. Most of the pleasure centers are near the entrance anyway.

Glad they are doing a show on acne and how it hurts people. Acne has usually been that taboo thing they just dont talk about on T.V except commercials to make you feel ugly and needing products that dont work (proactive etc).

lol no offense but I know a lot of ladies that like, and get off on, somewhat thick average sized penises

is it my bday bc i lov ths topic as we all kno

mhmmm yep

Shows with Tyra Banks ALWAYS have a lotta skin.... :lol:

No, I didn't see it, but I kinda wish I heard more about it. I'm too bored to care now, though.

How can anyone watch that ABSOLUTELY RETARDED SHOW, I have never watched anything more obnoxious, Tyra Banks is an incompetant douche..oprah ok I can watch oprah everyday and at least learn something, but tyra is just straight up annoying and makes pointless comments that only haveto do with herself..girls please kybosh that shit immidiately

I like Tyra, but whenever I've seen her show, she just comes off as knowing it all when she doesn't.

She should stick to America's Next Top Model, because I can't at least understand she has experience with that sort of thing.

lol no offense but I know a lot of ladies that like, and get off on, somewhat thick average sized penises (6-7") and dont want a large guy. Large penises are just for show and for women with huge booties. Most females dont want to bleed and get hurt during sex. Most of the pleasure centers are near the entrance anyway.

WTF!?!? Thanks for sharing that info.

How can anyone watch that ABSOLUTELY RETARDED SHOW, I have never watched anything more obnoxious, Tyra Banks is an incompetant douche..oprah ok I can watch oprah everyday and at least learn something, but tyra is just straight up annoying and makes pointless comments that only haveto do with herself..girls please kybosh that shit immidiately

Well said, baby jesus crys everytime Tyra comes on TV

oh yea and when the view comes on too