Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clarey fairey

Help i live in England

hello everyone, i have bad acne and scars, its horrible, i feel embarassed to go to school, ppl stare at me, i'm the only girl who has spots, i cant find any of this stuff from the site asi dont think its existing in england, i have an ox 2.5 % benzoyl peroxide cream, but i cant find any of the other things, anyone form emgland who can help?as the cream on its own is not working at all HELP sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

hello everyone, i have bad acne and scars, its horrible, i feel embarassed to go to school, ppl stare at me, i'm the only girl who has spots, i cant find any of this stuff from the site asi dont think its existing in england, i have an ox 2.5 % benzoyl peroxide cream, but i cant find any of the other things, anyone form emgland who can help?as the cream on its own is not working at all HELP sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Guest fatman_uk

Cleanser

Neutrogena soap bars - Dry Skin or Acne Prone versions.

Dove - Works for some... i personally think it's SHIT.

Wrights Coal Tar soap - I use this, great stuff.

Panoxyl BP Wash - Bit drying sometimes... but it works good.

Cetaphil - Very Gentle. Doesn't feel like a proper 'wash' to me tho.

BP

Oxy On-The-Spot - I use this, most ppl do i think. Most expensive one tho.

Quinoderm - Not tried it on my face, only my body... but it's gentle an i've heard it works well.

Panoxyl - Dries 90% of ppl's skin to phuck, but maybe worth a try if you have a high pain tolerance, lol.

Moisturiser

Urban Rites Face Relief - Best stuff i've ever used... been using it all this year i think.

Nivea Oil-Free Moisturising Fluid - Bit greasy, but it's non-comedogenic i spose.

Neutrogena Clear Pore Multi-Vitamin Moisturiser - Good stuff, will help get rid of a lot of redness... an fade your redmarks over time. Also good at fighting spots. Maybe not good to use with BP tho, not sure.

I shave with the Gillette Sensor Excel an use Urban Rites Sensitive Shave Gel too, in case any guys wondered.

That enough for you to try?

-Gaz

Guest Lylat uk

hey im from england. I use 'Act wash bar'. u can get it in boots. also i use nivea visage, its oil free and non comedogenic also found in boots. and oxy on the spot. DO NOT USE PANOXYL, it will mess your face up, i found out da hard way.

Nicky

ive just started this but ive found cleanser and moisturiser in the shop 'boots'. 'simple' do and oil control cleansing mousse and oil free moisturisor. now can anyone help me ive found benzoyl peroxide in a gel formular 2.5% but i think a cream would be less sticky. what can i get in england?

Guest fatman_uk

Simple products always messed my face up, their soap was especially shit... just my experience tho.

For 2.5% BP, stick with Oxy On-The-Spot.

-Gaz

Thanks for the details on the supplies which you can obtain here in England, but where the hell do you get them from. Personally i've never heard of them before.

[-X P.S. i thought anything with soap in it was bad for your acne, you are meant to use a cleanser. :-k

Guest fatman_uk

There's certain ingredients in some soaps which can be bad for your skin. but the same is also true for some cleansers... so it's all trial, error... an personal preferance.

I get all my supplies from Sainsburys an www.pharmacy2u.co.uk... apart from my Coal Tar soap, which i get from Grahams (which i think just changed its name to Bodycare). Most ppl go to Boots too.

-Gaz

ive been using the simple products and oxy on the spot now for about 4 weeks and although my skin is much softer and almost spot free im still getting the occasional spot. should i be totally clear?

Guest fatman_uk

Not usin those shitty Simple products... i couldnt get anywhere near clear, i'm surprised you have. :-s

-Gaz

Like Gaz i reccomed all Urban Rites stuff...

I personally found the neutragena bars to be 2 harsh, so i use Carley clean and clear soap bar available from www.no-acne.com, they deliver to the UK and its the best soap ive every used.

Also another great moisturiser is Neutrogena intense moisturiser for dry sensitive skin, its in a long rectangular tube.

I've just started the regimen about 3 weeks ago ..

I seem to be getting quite good results - my face is almost clear, and it was quite bad when I started, but I'm not sure if it's just because of the time of the month. I'll have to wait another month to give any definite results.

I'm using Simple moisturising foaming face wash - which has vitamins B5 and E in it.

I started using Quinoderm 5% BP cream 2 days ago, and it actually seems to be less irritating than oxy on the spot 2.5% ... It's also a lot cheaper. I find it makes my skin a bit sticky though.

I was using superdrug clarity mattifying moisturiser, but the scent is *so* strong it was killing me! Seemed to work fine though. I started using the neutrogena clear pore multi-vitamin moisturiser 2 days ago instead. I have no problems with it, but it's a bit too expensive for my liking so unless it works miracles I don't think I'll buy it again. 50ml moisturisers make me nervous anyway .... sad.gif. I keep thinking it's gonna finish any minute and I'll have to buy a new one.

Guest T.M.

Havn't heard anyone on the board talk about Brevoxyl. Its 4% and you can get it off the doctor. Its also alot better than Panoxyl (stuff burns the face of you!) Personally I just use it at night as it free and you can just plaster it on, so I don't know how it would work with a moisturiser. Anyone who's been on the regimen for a while should give it a try as it might be to drying if your just starting off.

While I'm here, since we all know that places like Boots and Superdrug only stock Oxy-on-the-Spot on the shelf, has anyone ever asked over the counter (at any chemists)? I wonder what they have available to us behind there.

Guest fatman_uk

Prolly nothing except Oxy, Brevoxyl, Panoxyl an Quinoderm.

-Gaz