Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Apparently bananas aren't good for you because there very high in sugar..

umm, just like every other fruit?

bananna's are healthy. pectin, B6, potassium, vit. C and tryptophan make for a sleep enhancing fruit :)

Thats why I said "apparently" because I disagree with it..I love my bananas. And because I take Zinc(50mg's a day) I make sure to have one a day an hour before bedtime.

Thats why I said "apparently" because I disagree with it..I love my bananas. And because I take Zinc(50mg's a day) I make sure to have one a day an hour before bedtime.

thats quite the regime... does it work for you??

I say, if it's a fruit or vegetable, definitely don't be afraid to eat it (unless you know for a fact you have a problem with it). I used to not eat carrots, potatoes, bananas, etc... because I'd read in various places that they were "bad for acne"... and then I realized that was stupid and not true.

As for the sugar content controversy ... the sugar content is rather irrelevant if the glycemic index is low and the glycemic load matters only if associated with an high glycemic index

Given that anything below 55 is low for the glycemic index bananas are low GI foods

So why certain times they seem to cause symptoms of sugar problems (it happens to me) like hypoglycemic headaches, spacey feelings or acid breath? Because it depends on the variety, there are certain varieties of bananas that somehow have a very high glycemic index (almost 77)

bananas should be eaten ripe when starches have been premetabolized by its enzime and from an trusty place or island

It depends what your body needs, and whether they are a trigger for you.

I eat them because they replenish potassium lost from drinking plenty of water (using B5) and they actually help my skin stay clear. If sugars are a problem for you follow Danny©'s advice and find a good variety.

Lots of fruits are coated with preservatives which you should really wash off with warm water before eating, they could trigger acne too - any kind of fruit like grapes, oranges, apples etc.

One word of advice though, avoid bananas if you live anywhere near mosquitoes. For some reason having the nutrients from bananas in your blood makes you a walking buffet for those horrible flies, LoL.

*Leon* =D

yes or no? I love bananas they are soo delicious but im not sure if its good for me faically.

As long as ur sure u dnt have candida go for it !! :)

Ye see bananas are the WORST food to eat wen suffering from candida as there quite mushy and high in sugar...

but other than that like everyone said theyre real healthy :)

On a side not: My acne is clearing by avoiding fruit (anti-candida diet) so i also avoid bananas