Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ritzvin

pressed powder recommendations requested

Does anyone know of a good, non-comedogenic, natural-looking pressed powder, that hopefully minimizes the appearance of large pores. The amount of coverage is not an issue, since I use it as a setting powder (and to prevent any shine). I recently switched to using coverblend foundation, which covers very, very well. Unfortunately, they only sell loose powder, which I bought, but I am finding it very annoying to apply and transport. Drugstore, cosmetic counter, or online product suggestions are welcome. Thanks =)

Oh well. I don't think they have more than 1 or two from Almay. Pressed powder is a hard one. I would try Mac but the Mac powder I have is like a dual powder, foundation/powder so I can use it for foundation and touchups. Maybe Loreal or Maybelline? 8-[

Please let us know when you try L'Oreal and Maybeline.....I cannot use their powder.....too oily and cause me break out everytime. (serious)

covergirl clean pressed powder for normal skin or covergirl aquasmooth for super oily skin.

I have used covergirl pressed powder before, and I think that it works pretty good. If you don't mind paying a little more, then I love MAC studio fix powder.

Almay makes a pretty good pressed powder that won't break you out or anything.  :D

which one?

I've tried their "skin stays clean" powder before over their foundation, and it looked really cakey and weird. I haven't tried any of their other ones.

I just purchased the Sally Hansen Firming Pressed Powder cause I really like the cool silver packaging and it has the powder puff in a separate compartment like the more expensive powders. It says it won't sink in lines or make your skin look drier so I bought the "nude" color and tried it. Wow, it looks really matte, but soft and flawless. Very good stuff! It was only like $5.99, you might want to try it!

biggrin.gif/

Someone somewhere on one of the boards mentioned that Clinique Gentle light gentle glow (loose) powder was pretty good; and I tried it. It looks much more natural than my other 2 powders (including the loose one). It was only $20 too. (for those who are potentially shocked by the "only" - that's the cheapest cosmetic counter powder one's probably going to find (most seem to be in the $30 range which IS above what I'm willing to spend on 0.3 - 0.4 oz of pressed powder), and I rather recently finally drew the line on buying cosmetics I can't try out first (and we don't have any particularly large CVS's anywhere near me)).

I agree. Here in California we have Savon's and I just open up the seal and dab my finger on to try the makeup. Seal or no seal, I'm trying it on! 8-[

Jenn4dex,

about the sally hansen firming pressed powder in nude...does it cover? or is it just to keep the foundation from not fading? i'm asking cause i'm looking for some powder to cover...and i'm also interested in buying the coverblend foundation which i think u mentioned in another post that u use. so are these two a good combination? i need very good coverage, but would like natural somehat look. if that is at all possible.

thanks

Hey, you're on the right track...clinique is excellent. Just about all of their products are non-comodengenic and aren't tested on animals:). AND their ladies are so nice, at least around here:).

For TONS of reviews of cosmetics head on over to www.makeupalley.com and go to Productville, you will need to register first, but it is free.

When you get there you can do a search of just pressed powders and read gobs of reviews from everyday people who have tried that particular product.

I can honestly say that Makeupalley has saved me $$$ by getting the real deal on "miracle" products and helping introduce me to items I would have never heard of. Good Luck and Have Fun!!

I love Lancome's Matte Pressed Powder...very smooth and gives good coverage. I also use Paula's Choice pressed with SPF 15. You can find it at www.cosmeticcop.com ! HTH!!

"Does anyone know of a good, non-comedogenic, natural-looking pressed powder, that hopefully minimizes the appearance of large pores. The amount of coverage is not an issue, since I use it as a setting powder (and to prevent any shine). I recently switched to using coverblend foundation, which covers very, very well. Unfortunately, they only sell loose powder, which I bought, but I am finding it very annoying to apply and transport. Drugstore, cosmetic counter, or online product suggestions are welcome. Thanks =)"

I use Clinique Super Powder Double Face Pressed Powder. I like the coverage and it's very natural. It costs about $20, which isn't bad for a department store brand.

Try using the Mary Kay Time Wise Dual Coverage powder Foundation. It is very finely milled, doesn't cake or clump. Very nice as a finish over foundation or alone, as it is formulated to adhere better to bare skin