Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xiomara

What supplements should I take while on accutane

I'm going to start soon. Is it ok to take Vit. C and Milk Thistle supplements while i'm on accutane?

I have to get my fish oils caps soon too.

my current regimen:

on acnetrex isotretinoin, 10mg/day (5th month) || 3 topicals a few times a week || 4 cups green smoothies a day or every other day || healthy diet following kiesen's & other's principles || vitamin C from 1/2-1 lime/green lemon juice diluted in a glass/cup of water || vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopherol) 400 IU with yeast-free selenium 100 mcg and lecithin from soy 1600 mg (2x/day) ||optima omega: marine lipid concentrate 1100 mg, omega 3 EPA 150 mg, DHA 100 mg, other omega 3 fatty acids 50 mg, and deodorized garlic oil 1 mg (2x/day) || soy lecithin granules 1 tablespoon || calcium 1000 mg with magnesium (from magnesium oxide, chelate) 25 mg, zinc (from zinc oxide chelate) 25 mg, vitamin D3 (as choecalciferol) 200 IU, betaine HCI 100 mg, and glutamic acid HCI 100 mg || bee pollen 500 mg (2x/day)

Thanks. I'm avoiding sugary foods and fried foods. But I can't avoid much, bc i'm under weight and I need to gain some weight. I'm too thin.

You should be eating fatty foods while taking it, otherwise it will not absorb probably, the body needs fat in order to process vitamin a and vitamin a derivatives. Take all your normal vitamins but avoid vitamin a cause that can make side effects worse. Drink a lot of tea, that's always healthy. Just make sure it's decaf.

You should try Borage Oil, with milk just before a meal. It works fantastically well and should be fine with Accutane.

Take chromium and vit c with any large meals/sugary foods to keep blood sugar levels stable and stop food -acne-triggers

You should try Borage Oil, with milk just before a meal. It works fantastically well and should be fine with Accutane.

Take chromium and vit c with any large meals/sugary foods to keep blood sugar levels stable and stop food -acne-triggers

What's Borage oil?

Also I started drinking whole milk again bc i'm under weight. Is that fine too?

I'm scared that my cholesterol level can go up. Although I don't have it.

borage oil is also called starflower oil. it contains a substance called GLA. it balances hormones. imbalanced hormones are the root cause of acne....

whole full fat milk is the best milk to take with oil as it maximises absorption. GLA is great for cholorestral too.

Vit E - an absolute MUST on accutane!!!

also, since i've started taking flaxseed oil (1000mg, 1 big pill), my skin looks better and actually kinda glows! it's soooooooo neat :D

borage oil is also called starflower oil. it contains a substance called GLA. it balances hormones. imbalanced hormones are the root cause of acne....

whole full fat milk is the best milk to take with oil as it maximises absorption. GLA is great for cholorestral too.

cool, thx. :)

Hmmm good info, I am going to start accutane soon as well. I am for sure taking vitamin E and omega 3-6-9. Are lecithin and chromiun safe to take with accutane?

Are lecithin and chromiun safe to take with accutane?

I should think so. The only supplement that is dangerous to take with accutane as far as i am aware is vitamin A.

i just started tane 10 days ago.I have been taking omega complete should I also take vit e??

How long have you been taking the omega complete for and is it helping? Vitamin E i a good co-factor for the omega oils, but there is a lot more to them than just taking vit e. Omega 3 supplementation is an art that is rarely mastered. Omega 6 and GLA supplementation on the otherhand is very simple and effective.

i just started tane 10 days ago.I have been taking omega complete should I also take vit e??

vitamin e is a very important EFA protector.

Hmmm good info, I am going to start accutane soon as well. I am for sure taking vitamin E and omega 3-6-9. Are lecithin and chromiun safe to take with accutane?

im taking soya lecithin granules (1 tbsp a day) and i dont have any prob with it.