Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xiomara

I'm confused, please help me

Ok, so I went to my derm's office this week. And she told me she is going to start me on the lowest dose which will be 40 grams. I thought 20 was the lowest gram?

Mind you i'm 5'0" tall and weigh 95 lbs. Is that too much for me to start on?

Or maybe my Accutane comes from a different company?

Ok, so I went to my derm's office this week. And she told me she is going to start me on the lowest dose which will be 40 grams. I thought 20 was the lowest gram?

thats a good dose for you. 20mg might be too low to keep ya acne away long term. I think 40mg is a good dose for you, and it sounds best.

thats a good dose for you. 20mg might be too low to keep ya acne away long term. I think 40mg is a good dose for you, and it sounds best.

Ok, thank you. :)

Guest ThereIsHope

Wow, that sounds just like me! I'm 5'1 and 101 lbs and just got prescribed 40mg of tane as well.....

she probably meant the lowest dose for your course. maybe she is planning to bump you up to a higher dose if things go well on 40mg. even if the isotretinoin comes from a different company the dosing is the same.

I also wondered the same as you. I'm 5' and weigh about 103 and my derm started me on 40mg's too.

I've been on it so far 2 weeks and so far so good. Although i dont know what my next dosage might be for next month but if he does up my dose i hope i still look and feel the same. (yeah right :rolleyes: )...I think i know what i'm in for :cry: .....

:comfort: someone hold me.

that's strange. ive clarified with my derm the right dosage for me (im 5'2'' weighing from 92-100 lbs). she said 10mg is just the right one for me. im now on my fifth month and she never raised the dosage. so far, i never had terrible problems with it.

Sometimes derms will start you on a lower dose and then bump you up after a few weeks. I started at 40 mg and I weigh 185 lbs. I was bumped up to 80 mg after two weeks and I was on 100 mg/day for a while also. A typical dosage is 1mg/kg per day. So if you weigh 95 lbs, that's about 43 kg. A 40 mg/day dose would be typical for you.

P&W