Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Time4HighSelfEsteem

Has anyone gotten depressed from birth control?

YES. This is a VERY common side effect and wrecks lots of womens lives!

Please click on the link in my signature and visit the forums there and under contraception.

For me, I became really depressed and anxious on every bc pill I tried, especially yasmin. but that's just my experience, i hope it's works better for you if you are trying it:)

Hell YES it did. I took Yasmin last year, and HOLY emotional roller coaster that was.

I'd cry for NO reason what so ever. One time I got mad at something, and I was driving home so fast crying hysterically for no reason, that I didn't care if I killed myself on the way home. NEVER again. I was suicidal almost, not kidding. I even got the ill side affects. That traumitized from taking bc pills in general again. And I never suffered from depression, do drugs, or abused alcohol...totally normal.

I was only on Yasmin for a month and I cried at everrythinngg.. and I was so incredibly moody.. I was always angry at my mom and grandma.. and would snap at people often. I'm not like that AT ALL.

What up homie!

Well...its so hard to say because I generally felt "stable" on Yasmin. But then if I was moody or emotional i'd automatically blame it on "BC PIlls". I think as a human being, we naturally will have ups and downs and things that occur in our lives can cause mild bits of depression or moodiness. Now that i am not on anything except anitbiotics, I see that I am still as capable of feeling down in the dumps as i was on BC pills. I still go through mood swings. the main difference i see is in Anxiety. I never thought about it much, but i started getting anxiety on BC pills, especially Yasmin and now that i'm off, its decreased significantly.