Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jackiechan24

Getting VBeam and Smoothbeam

Went to a consult today. Doctor recommended that I get a combo of smoothbeam and vbeam, which is what I was going to suggest after scouring the internet for information. Doctor seems nice, actually had the laser procedures done on herself. Asian too, which helps I guess, at least for me. Price was $400 for each laser, but since I'm getting both, there's a discount at $500 for both. 5 sessions, 6th is free. Total of $2500, I'm sure there are doctors who do it for cheaper, but whatever.

Went to a consult today. Doctor recommended that I get a combo of smoothbeam and vbeam, which is what I was going to suggest after scouring the internet for information. Doctor seems nice, actually had the laser procedures done on herself. Asian too, which helps I guess, at least for me. Price was $400 for each laser, but since I'm getting both, there's a discount at $500 for both. 5 sessions, 6th is free. Total of $2500, I'm sure there are doctors who do it for cheaper, but whatever.

OMFG :shock: are you serious, $2500 thats insane. i thought it was like $500 for all treatments. Is it really worth that sort of money?

dont think about the price. happiness = a lot more then that :D. good luck.

OMFG :shock: are you serious, $2500 thats insane. i thought it was like $500 for all treatments. Is it really worth that sort of money?

is what worth that sort of money? happiness? what the hell do you think? i wouldnt be getting these done if i didnt think they were worth it. hmm...what else could i get for $2500? not much that i dont already have. cept for a clear face.

Wow, I paid $360 for 3 treatments, but that was only V-beam without the smoothbeam combination.

I didn't see a significant enough improvement in my red marks that would warrant me continuing to shell out money for V-Beam. Don't expect to be completely clear of redmarks, your acne, yeah, but not red marks, not with 6 treatments.

You will see a difference though. Good luck and I hope all goes well.

good luck, are you going to be posting pics with your progress?

i probably should, but doubt it. i will post about my progress though.

i still think the effectiveness of the treatment is user dependent. the technology should work, its all how the doctor uses it. this doc is quite good and knows what she's talking about.

good luck, are you going to be posting pics with your progress?

i probably should, but doubt it. i will post about my progress though.

i still think the effectiveness of the treatment is user dependent. the technology should work, its all how the doctor uses it. this doc is quite good and knows what she's talking about.

why no pics? it would help a lot of people here on acne.org.

500$ would be way too cheap. Lasers usually require multiple treatments and run into the thousands.

A lot of people here have already spent thousands or tens of thousands of dollars here anyways on acne and stuff.

Without a medical insurance plan, Accutane costs hundreds of dollars a month for a bunch of pills.

The cost of lasers have actually gone down cuz there getting more popular.

honestly, if you're gonna spend $2500 on a treatment, spend it on fraxel.

the doc suggested fraxel for scarring, but said the combo of vbeam and smoothbeam should take care of the acne and residual redness left from past acne. and fraxel would be $4000.

that sounds like a lot of money to hand out to a doctor for something you don't even know will work. It seems you should get some kind of warrenty with the procedure. Some doctor's will take advantage of people in certain situations just to make money. It's all about the money, he/she probably doesn't even care if it works at all. They still get paid. I've been using doctor's anti acne solution and it helps with the red marks. It is not a cure but they go away twice as fast as they use to. Good Luck I hope you will be happy.

honestly, if you're gonna spend $2500 on a treatment, spend it on fraxel.

the doc suggested fraxel for scarring, but said the combo of vbeam and smoothbeam should take care of the acne and residual redness left from past acne. and fraxel would be $4000.

she is right, fraxel isnt for you.

500$ would be way too cheap. Lasers usually require multiple treatments and run into the thousands.

A lot of people here have already spent thousands or tens of thousands of dollars here anyways on acne and stuff.

Without a medical insurance plan, Accutane costs hundreds of dollars a month for a bunch of pills.

The cost of lasers have actually gone down cuz there getting more popular.

why is $500 too cheap? laser is way over priced. i just didnt realize it would sum up to $2500 in the end, because when i read there websites it dosent explain how much you could end up paying.

hello. got my first vbeam three days ago...no results yet. please keep us posted. :) how many vbeams are usually necessary? i get a vbeam once every two weeks.