Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
diamondgirl

My regimen and treatment

Hi

I've been suffering from adult acne for the last 3 years, and I've finally hit upon something that works! Thought I'd share it with you all here.

My face was full of cystic acne and there was a lot of scarring. Running my hand over my face, all I could feel were bumps and active cysts.

I found a great Esthetician, who started out with Oxygen facials on me, once a week. I've had four of them so far. I also went to a dermatologist and was prescribed Duac and Tazorac and Erythromycin.

I cleanse my face with PCA Phaze 32 cleanser (BPO 5%) twice a day and it leaves my skin very clean without irritating it.

I mix duac with my moisturizer in the morning and use Tazorac at night. I also apply erythromycin both times. I say 'apply' because even thought it's a tablet, I don't take it orally. Here's a hint my esthetician gave me:

Instead of taking the antibiotic orally, add it to witch hazel and apply it directly to your face. If it's a capsule, break the capsule into a small amount of witch hazel. If it's a pill, crush it and mix it with the hazel. Apply directly to face. It's so much more effective.

I have acne and scarring on my back. I use PCA Blemish control bar as directed in the shower instead of soap (I tell you PCA products rock!).

The improvement within a month has been amazing. My skin is soft and smooth all over. I have less breakouts. I used to break out everyday.. now I get two pimples a week, which by my standards, is very very good. My forehead which used to be bumpy has cleared completely. My cheeks still have 3-4 active cysts, but the rest has cleared out. I've noticed that when i do break out now, it's not as angry/aggressive as before. It's usually a tiny bump and it disappears soon.

I do have the scars but I'm hopeful they will fade soon as I continue with the treatment.

But the most important thing that I've done, or the change I've made, has been my lifestyle. I cannot stress enough how important diet, exercise, destressing and WATER are to clear skin.

I used to exercise with makeup on, which is a big NO NO. Now I don't care who's looking at my skin in the gym (if anyone at all!).. I clean my face with Mint Souffle whipped cleanser, which does a great job of removing sebum from the skin's pores and surface. I cleanse with it again after working out. It's quite mild.

I start my day with a glass of warm water with lemon. It helps cleanse your body of toxins first thing in the morning, which greatly benefits your skin. I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. My diet includes lots of fruits and vegetables. I avoid pro-inflammatory foods such as bananas, bread and pizza... a comprehensive list can be found here http://www.oprah.com/presents/2005/young/l...lammatory.jhtml

I also take herbal blood purification tablets twice a day, get 8 hours' sleep and meditate/do deep breathing exercises to destress.

The result has been wonderful. It's only been a month and i hardly have any active cysts and angry spots. I actually went out without makeup the other day, which I haven't done in about 3 years.

Everything you do, from diet, exercise, stress management to skincare greatly affects the health of your skin. The added bonus is my new lifestyle has also helped me feel energetic and healthy overall.

I'll let you know how I'm doing a month from now. My esthetician has asked me to give her 2 more months to help my skin as much as she can. I'll post an update if there's a change in my treatment and how it's working.

Take care all!!

Another three weeks down the line.. I have no active acne on my face at all :clap:

My skin is smooth and clear of all active infection - all I have left now are scars that are fading (using the PCA pigment gel and the A booster). I spent the weekend outdoors with no concealer/makeup on (first time in 3 years!)..

I'm sticking to the same regimen as before. Have started drinking three glasses of green tea everyday and I think that has helped fasten the skin healing process. My esthetician will probably start doing some light peels for my scars if required. She thinks the pigment gel and A booster are working just fine for now.

Can't describe how good clear skin feels - I hope it stays this way though! I strongly recommend giving the PCA products a try - it has worked very well for me without irritating my skin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I've been suffering from adult acne for the last 3 years, and I've finally hit upon something that works! Thought I'd share it with you all here.

My face was full of cystic acne and there was a lot of scarring. Running my hand over my face, all I could feel were bumps and active cysts.

I found a great Esthetician, who started out with Oxygen facials on me, once a week. I've had four of them so far. I also went to a dermatologist and was prescribed Duac and Tazorac and Erythromycin.

I cleanse my face with PCA Phaze 32 cleanser (BPO 5%) twice a day and it leaves my skin very clean without irritating it.

I mix duac with my moisturizer in the morning and use Tazorac at night. I also apply erythromycin both times. I say 'apply' because even thought it's a tablet, I don't take it orally. Here's a hint my esthetician gave me:

Instead of taking the antibiotic orally, add it to witch hazel and apply it directly to your face. If it's a capsule, break the capsule into a small amount of witch hazel. If it's a pill, crush it and mix it with the hazel. Apply directly to face. It's so much more effective.

I have acne and scarring on my back. I use PCA Blemish control bar as directed in the shower instead of soap (I tell you PCA products rock!).

The improvement within a month has been amazing. My skin is soft and smooth all over. I have less breakouts. I used to break out everyday.. now I get two pimples a week, which by my standards, is very very good. My forehead which used to be bumpy has cleared completely. My cheeks still have 3-4 active cysts, but the rest has cleared out. I've noticed that when i do break out now, it's not as angry/aggressive as before. It's usually a tiny bump and it disappears soon.

I do have the scars but I'm hopeful they will fade soon as I continue with the treatment.

But the most important thing that I've done, or the change I've made, has been my lifestyle. I cannot stress enough how important diet, exercise, destressing and WATER are to clear skin.

I used to exercise with makeup on, which is a big NO NO. Now I don't care who's looking at my skin in the gym (if anyone at all!).. I clean my face with Mint Souffle whipped cleanser, which does a great job of removing sebum from the skin's pores and surface. I cleanse with it again after working out. It's quite mild.

I start my day with a glass of warm water with lemon. It helps cleanse your body of toxins first thing in the morning, which greatly benefits your skin. I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. My diet includes lots of fruits and vegetables. I avoid pro-inflammatory foods such as bananas, bread and pizza... a comprehensive list can be found here http://www.oprah.com/presents/2005/young/l...lammatory.jhtml

I also take herbal blood purification tablets twice a day, get 8 hours' sleep and meditate/do deep breathing exercises to destress.

The result has been wonderful. It's only been a month and i hardly have any active cysts and angry spots. I actually went out without makeup the other day, which I haven't done in about 3 years.

Everything you do, from diet, exercise, stress management to skincare greatly affects the health of your skin. The added bonus is my new lifestyle has also helped me feel energetic and healthy overall.

I'll let you know how I'm doing a month from now. My esthetician has asked me to give her 2 more months to help my skin as much as she can. I'll post an update if there's a change in my treatment and how it's working.

Take care all!!

I know what you mean about diet changes, I've noticed change over time. But I've had it, ever since puberty, even if it is quite mild. Time to go see a dermotologist soon I think.