Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wəəgəə

infections from playing an instrument

alright well I "play" bass guitar and I've noticed that my fingers are getting red and swollen and little pustules near the crevices of the nails from playing. This didn't happen a few months ago when I got it. I'm on accutane now. I don't understand. I know it's from irritation but I haven't even been playing it that much, probably less than before. What is this?

coming from a musican take a long bath soak them ,scrub and stick a antibacterial cream on them play lightly 5-10min they with turn into caluses

and a fyi YOUR fingers WILL bleed so dont be shock you can become a great bass player if you stick with it

coming from a musican take a long bath soak them ,scrub and stick a antibacterial cream on them play lightly 5-10min they with turn into caluses

and a fyi YOUR fingers WILL bleed so dont be shock you can become a great bass player if you stick with it

alright I knew they caluse I just didn't think they'd get small zits on them.

I play bass more for a shittin' around kinda hobby. I probably should have gotten a guitar, my hands arent big enough i dont think.

You could have some kind of a nail infection. Have you hit your nail with a hammer or anything like that recently?

its not in my nails, actually. The skin surrounding the nails, those 'flaps' to the left and right of the nail, get red and swollen, and sometimes get a tiny tiny pustule inside. After a few days they turn into caluses but i was wondering why they were getting swollen and infected (much like my face as well :doubt: )

I play bass more for a shittin' around kinda hobby. I probably should have gotten a guitar, my hands arent big enough i dont think.

You could have some kind of a nail infection. Have you hit your nail with a hammer or anything like that recently?

its not in my nails, actually. The skin surrounding the nails, those 'flaps' to the left and right of the nail, get red and swollen, and sometimes get a tiny tiny pustule inside. After a few days they turn into caluses but i was wondering why they were getting swollen and infected (much like my face as well :doubt: )

Are you cutting your nails too short? You could be getting ingrown nails.

Are you cutting your nails too short? You could be getting ingrown nails.

nope, nails are fine. It's from playing bass. they only form on my left hand fingers (middle and ring only) I got one on my right middle finger but that was from strumming the strings without a pick.